buttons needed

Old March 12th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default buttons needed

On 12 Mar 2006 03:59:59 -0800, "Cyndlu"
wrote:

Thank you Georgia. You do beautiful work. And thank you to all the
respondents. I am traveling for business to Lancaster, PA today and
hope to do a little shopping. I hope to poke around at some antique
shops, sewing shops, etc. I've bookmarked your site because it sounds
like you can make me anything! Thanks again.

Cynthia

You've given me a great idea, to make my own buttons for at least one
of the cardigan sweaters I have in mind to make this year. We have a
couple of trees on our property, and a couple of branches have to be
trimmed, and I'm thinking they are round or nearly all round, and I
could trim the branches, then cut them equal thickness, then use our
Dremel to drill 2-4 holes in them to make unique buttons. There
should be no sap in the dead branches, so they should already be
cured. You could do the same with dowel rods purchased from the
store, as those are already completely dried, and they carry hard
woods like oak, birch, and ash, depending on which hardware store you
go to.

Leah
Old March 12th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Have fun shopping! I've just got done organizing my crafts materials, and
came across some Beatrix Potter buttons. No idea where I got them, or what
I'll put them on, but it'll be awesome whenever it happens!

Georgia

oups.com...