Anyone speak Dutch?

Old February 23rd 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Default Anyone speak Dutch?

I found a link to this magazine and would love to get information
about ordering the penguins across the top - does anyone speak Dutch
well enough to help me (or know where I can get this pattern)?

http://www.borduurblad.nl/index.php?id=1068

I tried Babelfish, but the translation was poor. I also tried
emailing them, but got no answer - it may have gone to my spam folder
as "unrecognizable."

All help appreciated!

TIA! Linda

Old February 23rd 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

lewmew wrote:
I found a link to this magazine and would love to get information
about ordering the penguins across the top - does anyone speak Dutch
well enough to help me (or know where I can get this pattern)?

http://www.borduurblad.nl/index.php?id=1068

I tried Babelfish, but the translation was poor. I also tried
emailing them, but got no answer - it may have gone to my spam folder
as "unrecognizable."

All help appreciated!

TIA! Linda

I would imagine Mirjam might speak it. IIRC she lived in Holland a
while. Also, I am sure I remember someone recently from there. There
used to be a Colleen in Holland; I wonder if she lurks here still.

Gillian
Old February 23rd 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Brenda Lewis

Click on the "Nu in de winkel" link to get the contents of the latest
issue (#18). The penguin chart is "Wereldberoemd" on the list.

--
Brenda
Help Project Gutenberg--become a Distributed Proofreader
Old February 23rd 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

lewmew wrote:
I found a link to this magazine and would love to get information
about ordering the penguins across the top - does anyone speak Dutch
well enough to help me (or know where I can get this pattern)?

http://www.borduurblad.nl/index.php?id=1068

I tried Babelfish, but the translation was poor. I also tried
emailing them, but got no answer - it may have gone to my spam folder
as "unrecognizable."

All help appreciated!

TIA! Linda

Try an email to , most Dutch people speak English.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old February 23rd 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

You need Mirjam Bruck-Cohen - she speaks Dutch.

Mirjam - are you reading RCTN at the moment?

Pat

ps.com...

Old February 23rd 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mulyanti

The babelfish translation of the penguin page:

By mattering toedoen of the film happy feet are the awk all of a
sudden world-famous. Not astonishing, because it are particularly
fraaie animals. This decorative design has been executed in cross
tick, the quarter of cross tick, stiksteek and knoopjessteek on white
AIDA as a result of which the colours end up splendidly.

What could be clearer?

Old February 23rd 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

Mulyanti wrote:
The babelfish translation of the penguin page:

By mattering toedoen of the film happy feet are the awk all of a
sudden world-famous. Not astonishing, because it are particularly
fraaie animals. This decorative design has been executed in cross
tick, the quarter of cross tick, stiksteek and knoopjessteek on white
AIDA as a result of which the colours end up splendidly.

What could be clearer?

I think that must have been written by the same people who wrote the
manual for the hand-held calculator I bought about 15 years ago
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old February 23rd 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

On Feb 23, 3:44 pm, Bruce Fletcher
wrote:
Mulyanti wrote:
The babelfish translation of the penguin page:

By mattering toedoen of the film happy feet are the awk all of a
sudden world-famous. Not astonishing, because it are particularly
fraaie animals. This decorative design has been executed in cross
tick, the quarter of cross tick, stiksteek and knoopjessteek on white
AIDA as a result of which the colours end up splendidly.

What could be clearer?

I can't wait to learn how to knoopjessteek myself!

I've sent off another email to them since Brenda told me it was in
this issue. Also one to Mirjam for help in translating.

Unless someone knows how to buy this magazine?

Linda

Old February 23rd 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Yes i am reading , and just giggled about that babelfish
`translation`,
I can help if needed , but most Dutch speak English ,,,
European Buisness have a tendency not to let in email whhen they are
not working , it might be it got there when they were out for a long
weekend ..
mirjam

You need Mirjam Bruck-Cohen - she speaks Dutch.

Mirjam - are you reading RCTN at the moment?

Pat

ups.com...

Old February 23rd 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

lewmew wrote:
I found a link to this magazine and would love to get information
about ordering the penguins across the top

Or, *much* simpler, order it from Nordic Needle...they have it:
http://tinyurl.com/26397d

Happy to help!

Joan