What glue to stick a floor down?

Old April 5th 04, 04:17 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default What glue to stick a floor down?

In the dollhouse, I plan to glue the floors down that have no
electrical under them, and use something like double-stick tape under
the ones that do have electrical.

What glue would I use for this? The flooring is a polyurethaned
coffee stirrer floor with a posterboard backing. So what's the best
glue for affixing posterboard to the wood floor of the dollhouse?

I have:

Elmer's glue all
Wood glue
Tacky glue
Wallpaper mucilage

Cathy Weeks
Old April 5th 04, 04:32 PM
betsyb

My husband and chief installer, uses Elmers glue/ Spreads it thin and uses
those pinchy things to keep the edges flush with the house floor itself.
They all look good.
We have houses we built several years ago and they all are holding up well.
om...

Old April 5th 04, 07:09 PM
havana bill & holly

I vote for the wood glue, and weight the whole floor down (I use old nursing
textbooks, the weigh a BUNCH and are nearly big enough to do an entire
floor).
"Cathy Weeks" wrote In the dollhouse, I plan to glue the floors down that
have no
electrical under them, and use something like double-stick tape under
the ones that do have electrical.

What glue would I use for this? Wood glue

stupid glue question Carla Beads 19 December 17th 04 02:31 AM
glue problem biig Beads 6 September 23rd 04 07:12 AM
Knots and glue Christina Peterson Beads 3 February 27th 04 02:37 PM
glue Lisa P. Beads 2 August 27th 03 01:46 PM