mundial vs gingher scissors

Old May 8th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default mundial vs gingher scissors

Hi,

I would like to know what people think about the Mundial brand for
knife blade sewing scissors and the dressmaker's shears in comparison
to Gingher? I'm looking into buying the 6" knife blade sewing scissors
or the 7" dressmaker shears. I have the lightweight gingher thread
snips (with the nylon body) and I love them. I also have Gingher
lion's tail embroidery scissors and those are adequate--not anything
special. I can't judge overall quality by these in comparison to the
larger scissors. I have a pair of Fiskar dressmaker's shears with the
grey plastic handle...they're fine for cutting fabric off the bolt but
I don't like them for cutting out applique pieces or paper-piecing.

Please let me know what you think about the quality and comfort of
Mundial if you're familiar with their products.

Thanks!

Old May 8th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I have & use both....and in all honesty, IMO, I find them to be very much
the same in quality & use, but I am not an expert by any means.

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

oups.com...

Old May 8th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

If you can, try them on (and out) in person. So much depends on the moon,
the equinox and assorted other things we wouldn't understand. Much to my
surprise, the favorite here these days is a pair of Ginghers that are more
than 8" long. They have one funny blade and one ordinary one. I would have
assumed that they were entirely too big for my hand. Wrong. They are the
ones I always pick up unless doing something curvy / tiny. Polly

Old May 8th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 8 May 2006 07:01:13 -0700, Wren wrote:

I would like to know what people think about the Mundial brand for
knife blade sewing scissors and the dressmaker's shears in comparison
to Gingher? I'm looking into buying the 6" knife blade sewing scissors
or the 7" dressmaker shears. I have the lightweight gingher thread

KAI would be my choice... I have the N5250s and N5135. Smooth, light,
sharp. I far prefer them to Gingher and Mundial. One source of many:
http://www.bullarddesigns.com/kai/kaiscissors.htm

Kay

Old May 8th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I like Kai scissors and cutters too, but lately the only
scissors I have been using are a relatively inexpensive pair
of serrated edge scissors with cutting blades about 6.5"
long. They are just great for detail cuts and handle all
types of fabrics with just enough "grip" to make cutting a
bit easier.

--
Cats ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^
( U ) ( U ) ( U )

catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

wrote:
:
: I would like to know what people think about the Mundial
brand for
: knife blade sewing scissors and the dressmaker's shears
in comparison
: to Gingher? I'm looking into buying the 6" knife blade
sewing scissors
: or the 7" dressmaker shears. I have the lightweight
gingher thread
:
: KAI would be my choice... I have the N5250s and N5135.
Smooth, light,
: sharp. I far prefer them to Gingher and Mundial. One
source of many:
: http://www.bullarddesigns.com/kai/kaiscissors.htm
:
: Kay
:
: --
: NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9.95 Carry Forward and On Demand
Bandwidth

Old May 9th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

[...]

Dunno about their shears, but DD Mundi says the kitchen cutlery rocks.

NightMist
Give a kid a name and all of a sudden there are a bunch of brands
named after them...*chuckle*
--
The wolf that understands fire has much to eat.
Old May 13th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

My Joann store doesn't carry The Cheetah Gingers...that's my dream scissor.I
will have to buy mine on-line as I can't find them locally to use my 40%
coupon.

Old May 13th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
"pami" wrote:

My Joann store doesn't carry The Cheetah Gingers...that's my dream scissor.I
will have to buy mine on-line as I can't find them locally to use my 40%
coupon.

How about ordering them from Joann's on-line?

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?C...0&PRODID=57807

They have both the 4" and 8" versions. There are often on-line coupons
posted to this list as well as on the mailers.

marcella

scissors review Musicmaker Quilting 0 March 29th 04 05:17 PM
Scissors from Derick unclbennie Quilting 0 February 21st 04 11:54 PM
Scissors and Air Travel Derek Hartmann Quilting 0 February 13th 04 07:36 PM
"G"-Rated Scissors Arondelle Beads 5 February 10th 04 07:46 PM
scissors sharpening services SandySmth Quilting 6 July 19th 03 01:03 PM