So what are you all working on?

Old March 19th 13, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Default So what are you all working on?

In article ,
Sandy Foster wrote:

Marcella, I'm so glad you're entering one of your pieces into the show!
I really hope I'll get to see you there.

I actually entered two quilts. One I finished at the guild retreat in
September and then this one I'm working on.

I got all the quilting done yesterday (yippee!) and the first side of
the binding put on yesterday. Time to find a good movie to watch while
I hand sew the second side :-)

We'll keep an eye out for you. I'm dragging my husband with me on this
trip. My guess is we'll see the show Saturday and then be back at the
end of the day on Sunday to pick up the quilts (if they get in!)

marcella
Old March 20th 13, 03:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in SoCal

Well, I am hand quilting the Neopolitan block swap quilt from the Yahoo group that was done a few years ago...finally. Only have 3 more to do and then the borders and binding. I also have a huge pile of UFO's and finished tops to quilt. I'm really itching to get to the new fabric I bought a month ago for a new quilt for myself!!!
Busy, Busy, Busy!!
Old March 20th 13, 10:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Flossy[_2_]

Well you are a busy lot !
I'm truly impressed and inspired

I'm currently working on a pinwheel quilt all made from recycled shirts on blues reds and greys , plaids and stripes of course .
I found an online tutorial which makes the pinwheels really easy So should be quite an easy project
Old March 26th 13, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On Monday, March 18, 2013 3:33:36 AM UTC-4, Flossy wrote:
Having been out of the loop for so long I just wondered what you were all working on at the moment ?

It has been a very long time since I posted here. Some of you will remember me as Singer or Singermom. After knitting numerous afghans for Project Linus for the past few years, I am getting back into quilting. I am hand-piecing a twin-bed sized quilt for Project Linus from 6-1/2" baseball-themed squares I accumulated 13-15 years ago in the RCTQ Baseball Swap! The pattern is "America the Beautiful" by Florence Moy, published in the March/April 2013 issue of Fons & Porter's "Love of Quilting" magazine. I am going to hand quilt the snowball blocks to look like baseballs, and the appliqued stars are also baseball-themed fabric. It feels great to be back quilting, though I sure wish my fingers would callous over soon!
Old March 29th 13, 03:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default Singer(mom) So what are you all working on?

Howdy!
Sooooo good to see you again, Singer! I saw that fmbegly and realized it
was you. And we continue to have "old home week" here on RCTQ.
You know, that Baseball Swap is still going on; they're taking sign-ups
until this Sunday night. g
Love the part where you say "going to hand quilt" - Yee-Haw!
Stick around; we have some catching up to do.
Ragmop/Sandy

On 3/26/13 6:55 PM, in article
,

Old March 29th 13, 10:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

I have begun making a McKenna Ryan wallhanging called "Home Tweet Home" which was a commission from last April! I did get so far as to trace some of the designs before my illness and cancer diagnosis took over my life. I also have my "Owl Hollow" wallhanging to work on - the fabrics are ready and the tracings are done. Polly insisted that my owls should be completed because it is my obsession.

I am now on my second course of chemotherapy which allows me a two week period of rest between infusions - so while there are some rough days ahead, I am enjoying the creative process again. This schedule will run for as many months as I can tolerate any side effects followed by more surgery if warranted.

The only concession that I have made to my sewing area is that I have converted my dining area into sewing central - I have stapled the craft batting for the wallhanging to the wall behind my machine and shall be able to critique every time I pass through the space. My regular sewing room will remain the 'stash' room, ironing space, sewing room - I still use both my pfaff and husqvarna machines.

Good thoughts and encouragement welcome! barnyowl aka Jennifer in Ottawa
Old March 30th 13, 09:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

(((Hugs))) Creativity is healing!
Roberta in D

Old April 2nd 13, 11:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 00:33:36 -0700, Flossy wrote:

I'm in a bit of a phase so I have been doing everything.

A couple of weeks ago I baked one of these:

http://www.food.com/recipe/esterhazy...nitten-almond-
meringue-slices-431349

Then kiri's gallbladder had a fit so she didn't get so much as a lick of
frosting.
Surgery is scheduled in a few weeks.

Since then I have been baking loads of low fat oatmeal themed things,
bread, muffins, cookies. Took a break from oatmeal for Italian Easter
Egg bread. I had thought to do Greek this year, I actually have the
mahlep and the mastic, but it takes a load of butter whereas the Italian
takes just a bit of olive oil. I don't think the family cares much which
I make, it vanished in record time.

I am approaching the last round of starts for the garden. Had bad luck
with hot peppers this year, nothing but a couple of hot paprikas deigned
to germinate.
Today I got a meyer lemon tree and a key lime tree in the mail. I've
been wanting to try those indoors, but never got around to ordering
them. Checked with the company, anonymous gift. So I happily potted
them up and figure my mysterious beneficiary will eventually come out of
the woodwork.

Today I've combed about a pound of wool out with a comb and hackle made
of 16d and 8d nails. As I nurse my blisters I am hoping that deity sends
the proper tools to a yard sale near me.

I have nearly completed some curtains for the over sized window in my
workroom. A red and white Kentucky chain against a background of mixed
colours (but no red and white). Just odd bobs of assorted drapery weight
fabrics that have come into my possession over the years. I shudder to
think that some soul out there has some of these as major decor points.
I have scraps of blobby green and blue flowers on ecru, and the same
flowers in gold and brown on another scrap. I have this image in my head
of somebody using one to cover a couch and the other to cover matching
chairs in a room with mustard colored drapes. The image probably came
into my head because they were folded up with some mustard colored faux
shantung.

Oh, and a friend asked for a "grown-up dragon sweater". So I designed
one and I am almost done knitting it. Seriously, if you know how to
quilt and also how to knit, designing knit colorwork is pretty easy.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?