Our Quilt Guilds

Old January 13th 10, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Default Our Quilt Guilds

For us it's a pretty simple job. We are also lucky that we have some
closet space where we rent so everything for coffee making stays there.
Nothing to haul back and forth.

I think here it's because for some odd reason it's a board position and
lots of people don't want to have to go to board meetings. I have to be
there anyway, so it's not a big deal.

We have four workshops this year: Nancy Brown who does animal applique
in February, Anelie Belden teaching her modern dresden plate block
techniques, Christine Barnes on achieving luminosity and Cyndy Rymer on
printing on fabric. There are descriptions and pictures on-line at
http://peninsulaquilters.org/new/workshops.php

marcella

In article ,
"Taria" wrote:

Both guilds I have been involved with have big coffee makers
that take awhile to get going. The coffee person has to show
up earlier than everyone else. That is why around here.
I did programs years ago. It is a lot of work but cool to get
the classes/teachers with your interests.. (at least somewhat)
What workshops have you planned?
Taria

Old January 13th 10, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anna Belle[_2_]

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 08:36:55 -0600, Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi-dot-com wrote:

Welcome back! Thanks for the link to the raffle quilt - it is gorgeous!
I'd love to see that one in person. Wow!

It is even better in real life. We have 300 member limit and a
waiting list to join. Meeting space is a big problem for us. Anyway
with that many members we have an abundance of ribbon winners and
teachers to produce the raffle quilts. This is the best one in the 15
years I have been a member.

Anna Belle
Old January 13th 10, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

yea what Ginger said.
j.

"Ginger in CA" wrote ...
This newsgroup is my quilt guild.

Ginger in CA

"Michelle G." wrote:
Hi Everybody!
I think it would be fun to see all the quilt guilds we belong to; so, how
about we all send a link to our guild's website. It should be fun. Mine is
http://newbraunfelsareaquiltguild.org
By the way, I'm the webmistress.
Michelle G.

Old January 15th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Grandma Bert

I'm only marginally competent to make a website, so the one I made for
my guild is pretty basic (and free!). Who we are, where we meet,
calendar, etc.

http://colvillepiecemakers.webs.com/

What I am particularly proud of is our library. I took over the
librarian position a few years ago. I'm given a decent budget each
year plus we've received lots of donated books. We're lucky that we
can keep our library in place on an awesome rolling bookcart that was
made for us and donated to the guild. No hauling bins back and forth.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog....llePiecemakers I
love the librarything.com site. Free for up to 200 books. Non-profits
can get a lifetime membership for $25 if you have more than 200 books,
so I signed us up. Members can "browse," search, and sort titles
online. See quilt books while at a garage sale or bookstore clearance?
Access the librarything.com account on a web-enabled phone to see if
we already have a copy. How cool is that?

Being the quild librarian is the coolest job there is!

Bert in Rice, WA
Librarian to the Colville Piecemakers Quilt Guild
Old January 15th 10, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle G.

Thanks everybody for participating in this thread! It's so cool to see all
the different web sites and learn about the guilds. This was fun!
Michelle G.

Old January 16th 10, 03:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
deschuit

Michelle G. wrote:
Hi Everybody!
I think it would be fun to see all the quilt guilds we belong to; so,
how about we all send a link to our guild's website. It should be fun.
Mine is http://newbraunfelsareaquiltguild.org
By the way, I'm the webmistress.
Michelle G.

Our guild website is www.amoskeagq.org

Kathy in NH
Old January 16th 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

can you double check or copy/paste that addy again please.
its not working for me.
tho could be my isp being bad.
j.

"deschuit" wrote...

Old January 17th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_4_]

Our guild's website is
www.nlqg.net North Louisiana Quilt Guild

--
Donna in NE La.
kd maine 77 at yahoo dot com

Old January 17th 10, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
deschuit

J* wrote:
can you double check or copy/paste that addy again please.
its not working for me.
tho could be my isp being bad.
j.

"deschuit" wrote...
Our guild website is www.amoskeagq.org

Kathy in NH

Sorry to anyone who tried the above link and didn't get there. It is
www.amoskeagqg.org

Kathy in NH
Old January 17th 10, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*

silly me, i just googled and found it.
i did reply again saying so but it hasnt shown up on here.
sorry.
j.

"deschuit" wrote ...
Sorry to anyone who tried the above link and didn't get there. It is
www.amoskeagqg.org

Kathy in NH

Anyone wanna chat -- Quilt Show room Quilt Police free Bronnie Quilting 0 March 26th 08 05:31 AM
Anchorage, Ak guilds and shops susiemw Quilting 1 January 17th 06 06:10 AM
Quiilt Guilds and their By Laws She in PA Quilting 6 August 30th 05 06:02 PM
guilds in seattle Dr.Quilter Quilting 8 July 22nd 04 06:24 PM
Quilting guilds in WA Sindir Quilting 2 November 6th 03 07:23 AM