reputable online diamond dealers in EU

Old May 30th 05, 11:18 PM
paul m

Default reputable online diamond dealers in EU

I would like to buy a diamond online from an EU based company (I am
based in Denmark and duties and taxes related to buying from a US
company are prohibitive).

I want to know how to find info on EU based companies to determine
whether they are reputable and reliable. I'd like in particular to get
feedback from anyone with experience buying from either Fortrez or
DiamondWorld - both Antwerp based.

Old May 30th 05, 11:45 PM
William Black

"paul m" wrote in message
I would like to buy a diamond online from an EU based company (I am
based in Denmark and duties and taxes related to buying from a US
company are prohibitive).

I want to know how to find info on EU based companies to determine
whether they are reputable and reliable. I'd like in particular to get
feedback from anyone with experience buying from either Fortrez or
DiamondWorld - both Antwerp based.

As a general rule, in Western Europe, buying from a reputable dealer in
stones is reasonably risk free.

Most reputable dealers will allow a neutral expert to examine the stones,
and independent experts aren't rare.

Buying from 'some guy you met in a bar' isn't as safe...

You can buy anywhere in the EC without paying duty or taxes when
subsequently crossing borders.

If you're really worried about being ripped off go to one of the huge stone
merchants.

The 'Benelux Syndicate' will sell stones in small quantities, and so will
Cookson's Precious Metals.

In fact you should be ok going to any established dealer in any major
European centre.

--
William Black

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
Barbeques on fire by chalets past the headland
I've watched the gift shops glitter in the darkness off Newborough
All this will pass like ice-cream on the beach
Time for tea

"created diamond" Lawrence Jewelry 3 September 19th 04 05:14 AM
Fake pink diamond Yoshiyuki Mochizuki Jewelry 4 July 22nd 04 07:38 AM
diamond: purchase online? sinister Jewelry 1 July 14th 04 01:41 AM
My Antwerp diamond experience and advice on price please! simon3000 Jewelry 9 May 27th 04 04:56 AM
Diamond Pricing Mystery t0rk-- Jewelry 1 February 11th 04 06:21 AM