Pig banks and jewelry boxes - need ideas

Old May 20th 05, 03:47 PM

Default Pig banks and jewelry boxes - need ideas

I have two daughters: One is 3, and the other is soon 1. The eldest has
gotten a pewter piggy bank and a pewter jewelry box. The piggy bank is
very cute (I found a picture he
http://www.engravedgiftsstore.com/im...100430-400.jpg),
and I would like to find something similar for the youngest one.

My thoughts on this: Since the oldest one has pewter, I would like for
the youngest one to have "her own" metal. Brass, copper, silver, iron,
titanium ... I want to get her a piggy bank which has as much
personality as the one above, and preferrably in the shape of a pig,
and then a jewelry box. The jewelry box is the easy part once the metal
has been decided, but I find it really hard to locate a piggy bank of
the kind I want. "Impossible" might be a more fitting word. Especially
since the 3-year old's piggy bank cost less than 50 dollars (and I
don't want to be uneven in that respect, either).

I hope this is the right newsgroup in which to ask this question, and
that some of you might have seen just the piggy bank I'm looking for.
Feel free to contact me by email.

Regards,
Svein Olav Nyberg

Old May 21st 05, 05:52 PM

as a child i had a bronze bunny bank someone had casted, it has lasted
to this day and ive never seen one like it. you cant have mine but
maybe if you had a design in mind you could have someone cast one for
you.

Old May 24th 05, 03:01 PM

Jim, I paid somewhere around $20 for it from somewhere bridal ...
(can't recall the name now) in the US. $50 is just a rough upper limit,
and metal X finish is suffucuent for the piggy bank. I've tried to look
all over the net, and of course at every local jeweller and other store
where they might have something of the kind.

William, bronze sounds like a good metal. I'm afraid I don't have a
design in mind, and - to be honest - I am terrible at drawing, so I'm
looking for something designed by someone else. Do you have a picture
of your piggie bank? How much would it cost to cast a replica? Anyway:
It's for a 1 year old girl, and should be both decorative, sturdy, fun
for her to look at as she grows up (thereby encouraging the habit of
saving), and it should mimic or be made of "her" metal.

(finish).

Svein Olav