taking health risks seriously , silicosis

Old July 6th 03, 03:03 PM
Christina Marriott

Default taking health risks seriously , silicosis

After potting for nearly 20 years and not taking enough care with my old gas
kiln,
I have inhaled rather allot of silica over the years,this has affected my
breathing , tomorrow I get the results of my chest x-ray.
Spare yourselves a lot of anxiety ,and make sure you don't get into this
situation in the first place, by using adequate protection .

best wishes to fellow potters
Christina

Old July 6th 03, 06:06 PM
GaSeku

Christina,
I hope your xrays will show that everything is all right.
Gaye
Old July 8th 03, 05:57 PM
Cee White

I hope your damage is minimal if any at all. I was as careless and
unknowing as you. Some 30 years ago, I happily fired lead glazes in my
electric kiln in my basement. While it fired, I worked alongside it
never aware of toxins. I stirred glazes with my bare hands. This was
all done in absolute ignorance of danger.

Catherine in Yuma, AZ
Two electric kilns out on the patio.