European Trip - LNS?

Old March 13th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Default European Trip - LNS?

Hi Guys,
I don't think I posted that I will be tagging along with DH on a
business trip to Europe next week. We will be in Lomm, The Netherlands
(about an hours drive north of Dusseldorf) for a few days and then we go
to Brno, Czech Rep. for a few days. We fly from here to Dusseldorf and
then drive to Lomm. From Lomm, we drive back to Dusseldorf and fly to
Prague and drive about 3.5 hours SE to a small industrial town outside
of Brno.
So, does anyone know of any LNS in either Lomm (Venlo is the nearest
large town and that would work for an LNS) or one in Brno? NO we will
not be staying in Prague -- we will just be driving through but I hope
to do so slowly so that I can take photos! Everyone sees we are flying
into Prague and assumes we will be there but that's not the case.
I have gotten info about some wonderful locally made fabric --
modrotisk is the name which translates to "blue print" and is a
woodblock print done on blue fabric. I hope to find some of that in
Brno. I would dearly love to find something like an LNS and see if they
don't have some sort of patterns available. I know that most embroidery
done by local people in the European countries is surface embroidery and
that's fine by me. I would just like to find some sort of patterns
using local motifs.
While in Lomm, I will be meeting an internet quilter from RCTQ. She
lives in one of the towns not too far from Lomm so she will be meeting
up with me on Tuesday and we will be doing tourist shopping in Venlo
*after* a trip to the LQS to see what sorts of fabrics are available
over there that we don't have here. HMMM, I should ask her if she is
aware of any LNS in the area. I would love to get some more Hardangar
fabric while in Europe since they have lovely colors that aren't easily
available to us this side of the pond. I brought back some wonderful
lilac hardangar when I was in Amsterdam -- should have gotten some of
the nice soft green that was available then :-)!
Anyway -- any LNS info about either area -- Lomm or Brno -- would be
greatly appreciated. If anyone has been to either area, touristy info
would be good too :-)! CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary