Long-Arm Rental Question

Old August 9th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Default Long-Arm Rental Question

I know what some shops rent their long-arm quilting machines to
customers. I presume these customers will have taken a class or made
some proof that they know what they are doing. Does anyone here know
what the hourly fee is for machine use under these circumstances?

TIA,
joan

Old August 9th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DQLTS

The not so LQS that rents time has you take a $45 class, then charges $10 an
hour.

Diana in dallas

oups.com...

Old August 9th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Toni Schneidt

Our local quilt shop just started this. They charge $20 for the class and
for an hour's time.
Toni

Old August 10th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article .com,
"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote:

I know what some shops rent their long-arm quilting machines to
customers. I presume these customers will have taken a class or made
some proof that they know what they are doing. Does anyone here know
what the hourly fee is for machine use under these circumstances?

TIA,
joan

We have two shops here that do that. Both require a class on their
machine before being able to rent. Both have someone there to help you
and to make sure you don't to injury to their machines.

One charges $10 an hour one $20 an hour.

marcella
Old August 10th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

The shop close to me requires a class that costs $200. After that the
charge is $20 an hour. Loading the quilt is part of that time too.

Linda inTx

Old August 11th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DrQuilter

anybody knows if this is done in or near seattle?

In article .com,

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out for a walk)

PING--Butterfly/test question Toni Schneidt Quilting 4 May 19th 06 05:29 AM
Hurricane Charley Fred Needlework 270 September 5th 04 07:24 PM
Hellooo! Anyone remember me? (long...epic-ly long ;o) Kyla Beads 16 May 23rd 04 10:28 PM
quilt progress and a quilt story..a bit long, and with a question CNYstitcher Quilting 4 September 30th 03 03:48 AM