Help Please, please, please

Old February 8th 08, 12:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
sophie

Default Help Please, please, please

Hello,

This is my first post and I am very, very new to this so please forgive me
if I am doing it all wrong.

I do wonder if you could please help me.

My Aunt recently passed away (aged 81) and some time ago and many years ago
knitted a bolero/shrug type cardigan for me, I am talking about 12 years
ago. Unfortunately the pattern as got more or less destroyed, heaven knows
where she kept it and I would dearly like to purchase it. The pattern is,
Patons No is PBN C 4800, I have goggled searched but have found no results
as I really do not know where to start or how to do it.

However, I have made a small start and e-mail to Patons and got two replies
one form USA (I think) and one from Uk, I also telephoned UK and got the
same answer. USA said that it was not theirs and UK say that they have no

I have not knitted for some years and would dearly love to knit a
bolero/shrug with short sleeves but every pattern I look at seems to have
long sleeves and is too short for what I would like (I am 54). I am
looking for one that is waist length at the back.

Please can anyone help me on both of these requests

Thanking you in advance
Sophie

Old February 8th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

snip
I have not knitted for some years and would dearly love to knit a
bolero/shrug with short sleeves but every pattern I look at seems to have
long sleeves and is too short for what I would like (I am 54). I am
looking for one that is waist length at the back.

Please can anyone help me on both of these requests

Thanking you in advance
Sophie

Is this what you have in mind?
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/vi...d_id=4&lang=en

DA

Old February 8th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

sophie wrote:
[...]

If you find a pattern you like except for the long sleeves, make them
shorter.

sue
Old February 9th 08, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y?

Hi Sofie and welcome
without knowing the name they called the bolero/shrug it's a hard one to
match, but it'll be out there somewhere, possibly on ebay.

To help, try putting in, bolero pattern into google, and when it loads,
click onto the Images tab above and scroll through them and see if that
produces one that looks like it, then you'll maybe get somewhere in your
search
all the best

Cher

Old February 10th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
sophie

. uk...

"sophie" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you all so much you have given me some good advice and DA you are
wonderful that is just the thing I was looking for.

I am really please that I wrote to the group now and I hope that I can be of
assistance to someone at some time too, heaven knows how but I will try if I
can................thank you so much again.

Sophie

Old February 10th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
sophie

"sophie" wrote in message
[...]

Hello "Y?" Thank you what a good tip, I have never done that before, gosh!
I am so amazed at the results, I will use that time for other things too.
Thank you so much
Sophie

Old February 10th 08, 01:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

Is this what you have in mind?
http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/vi...d_id=4&lang=en

DA

Hello DA, yes, that is just what I had in mind thank you so much.
Wonderful.
Ever so grateful
Sophie

You are very welcome. Good luck with kitting it.

DA