PFFT! to legwarmers

Old January 25th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default PFFT! to legwarmers

Nothing like a success to wipe away the bitter memory of failure...

I made Mimi (my Shih Tzu) a heavyweight doggie sweater using this pattern:

http://www.talkingtails.com/sweater.html

only I made it of a double-strand of worsted weight yarn, one purple
(her color) and one pink (because it was what I had around that went
best with it) so she would have a really warm sweater to wear when it
was freezing out, as she already has a lighteweight sweater and a
medium-weight fleece/supplex dog coat.

It looks like a purple-and-white double strand where the purple yarn
bled a bit into the white, but it looks nice.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old January 26th 08, 04:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 26, 12:11*am, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:

Well at least your little fellow is warm , met a woman who knitted
little socks and sew little shoes for her tiny dogs ,,, i don`t kniow
if they like it ,,,, but they look like Puppets.
mirjam
Old January 26th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Nothing like a success to wipe away the bitter memory of failure...

I made Mimi (my Shih Tzu) a heavyweight doggie sweater using this pattern:

http://www.talkingtails.com/sweater.html

only I made it of a double-strand of worsted weight yarn, one purple
(her color) and one pink (because it was what I had around that went
best with it) so she would have a really warm sweater to wear when it
was freezing out, as she already has a lighteweight sweater and a
medium-weight fleece/supplex dog coat.

It looks like a purple-and-white double strand where the purple yarn
bled a bit into the white, but it looks nice.

Sometimes when knitting is misbehaving it needs a time out and for you
to work on something else....

sue
Old January 26th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 26, 6:38*am, suzee wrote:
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:

Nothing like a success to wipe away the bitter memory of failure...

I made Mimi (my Shih Tzu) a heavyweight doggie sweater using this pattern:

http://www.talkingtails.com/sweater.html

only I made it of a double-strand of worsted weight yarn, one purple
(her color) and one pink (because it was what I had around that went
best with it) so she would have a really warm sweater to wear when it
was freezing out, as she already has a lighteweight sweater and a
medium-weight fleece/supplex dog coat.

It looks like a purple-and-white double strand where the purple yarn
bled a bit into the white, but it looks nice.

Sometimes when knitting is misbehaving it needs a time out and for you
to work on something else....

sue

That is why i have variuous works Sue ,, is also better for hand`s
moovements
mirjam
Old January 26th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

wrote:
On Jan 26, 6:38 am, suzee wrote:
[...]

Or if you get bored with a project. I have a lot of those...

sue
Old January 26th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 26, 6:58*am, suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 26, 6:38 am, suzee wrote:
[...]

sue- Hide quoted text -

Sue , did you say/write b o r e d ?????
What is that ? i don`t have time to be b o r e d ,,, i have to
finnish so many things i weave , crochet , embroider knit sew ,,, i
need T I M E ,,,,
mirjam
Old January 26th 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

wrote:
On Jan 26, 6:58 am, suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 26, 6:38 am, suzee wrote:
[...]

I need more time too. But sometimes you get with "A" project, and then
see another you just can't wait to cast on for, and then another and
another....

sue
Old January 27th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Jan 26, 5:07*pm, suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 26, 6:58 am, suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 26, 6:38 am, suzee wrote:
[...]

Don`t even mention THOSE other projects , my writing research SHOUTS
at me , my several Art projects Snikker at me ,,, i want to create
create and ironing repairing laugh aloud and tell me i KNOW i must
take care of them first ,,, i have other SHOULDOS ,,,,
mirjam
Old January 27th 08, 10:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 27 Jan, 05:29, wrote:
On Jan 26, 5:07*pm, suzee wrote:

wrote:
On Jan 26, 6:58 am, suzee wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 26, 6:38 am, suzee wrote:
[...]

And then there is writing grant proposals to try for money to finance
other projects like opening a studio, holding workshops, etc!!! :-)

Erin

Old January 30th 08, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Ah yes, but at the end of the day, we all know what we enjoy the most
to wind down.... MAKING OURSELVES CRAZY WITH KNITTING!