Kind of quiet here these days

Old July 31st 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Kind of quiet here these days

Are most people just too hot, or on vacation?

On topic:
OTN - The Storm Water Shawl in Raspberry Sea Silk, and as usual, a pair of
socks.

WIM's - Hanami Shawl and Peacock Feathers Shawl. Just waiting for the yarn
to arrive.

UFO - the second sock of a pair of Hawaiian Leis.... having trouble with the
pattern. I'm hoping that after having put the sock away for a month, I just
might be able to figure out why I'm having a mental block. The first sock
was fine, had no trouble at all.

Here on the Canadian prairies, we're having a heat wave. For the past week
or more, temps have been in the 30's (90's for those on F.) and little or no
rain in sight. We're hoping for a thunderstorm tonight (fingers are
crossed).

Let's hear from you!
Shelagh

Old August 1st 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

Yes, it's too hot here. As is often the case, our Minnesota weather is the
same as yours. But it hasn't kept me from knitting as I'm inclined to stay
in where it's air-conditioned when it's like this.

I just finished knitting a rug for my bathroom from some acrylic yarns which
are not especially pleasant to knit. But I couldn't find anything else that
was machine-washable in the exact colors I liked.

--
Jan in MN

"Shillelagh" wrote ...

Old August 1st 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:16:04 -0500, Shillelagh wrote:

Are most people just too hot, or on vacation?

With me it's just too hot - and I love my garden. While the rest of the
country has been flooded we've had very humid weather and I find it
difficult to knit/crochet with sticky hands. (Using talcum powder on my
hands is not an option as I doubt son would be impressed if I finished his
sweater and sent it to him smelling sweetly of flowers!)

On topic:
OTN - The Storm Water Shawl in Raspberry Sea Silk, and as usual, a pair
of socks.

Do we get piccies, please?

WIM's - Hanami Shawl and Peacock Feathers Shawl. Just waiting for the
yarn to arrive.

UFO - the second sock of a pair of Hawaiian Leis.... having trouble with
the pattern. I'm hoping that after having put the sock away for a month,
I just might be able to figure out why I'm having a mental block. The
first sock was fine, had no trouble at all.

Here on the Canadian prairies, we're having a heat wave. For the past
week or more, temps have been in the 30's (90's for those on F.) and
little or no rain in sight. We're hoping for a thunderstorm tonight
(fingers are crossed).

It's wonderful when the thunder arrives as it clears the air, albeit for
a short while. I've not known it as sticky as this since we moved to
Scotland nearly 15 years ago. It's the first time I've had to use the fan
in the living room. (It's one of those that's part of the light fitting
and was left by the people we bought this house from). It helps!

Bernadette

Let's hear from you!
Shelagh

Old August 1st 07, 06:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On topic:
OTN - The Storm Water Shawl in Raspberry Sea Silk, and as usual, a pair
of socks.

Do we get piccies, please?

Eventually..... after it's finished and blocked. ;)

Shelagh

Old August 1st 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Are most people just too hot, or on vacation?

I've been knitting, but I'm just not making a lot of visible progress.
I'm working on

1) Rectangular lace weight shawl
2) Baby blanket with fingering weight merino superwash yarn
3) Placemats with worsted weight cotton. I down, 3 1/2 to go.
4) Baby sweater that only needs to be seamed up, made with worsted
weight cotton.

It's really hot here today. I finally caved and turned on the air
conditioner, mostly because the dogs looked uncomfortable. I love
summer and open windows, but I'll sacrifice that for them

BB
Old August 5th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Jul 31, 6:16 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
[...]

I was on vacation, and am only back for a few days before we leave for
Montreal again. The weather was horribly hot in Nova Scotia, and it
was
a pleasure to arrive home yesterday to more comfortable temperatures.

Higs,
Katherine

Old August 5th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

WELCOME HOME Katherine the traverler !!!
mirjam