Crochet Patterns

Old July 29th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shannon

Default Crochet Patterns

I have crocheted since I was 14. I am now 32 and a stay at home mom. I
have little time to crochet anymore and so many crochet patterns in my
closet, I thought that I could possibly scan some of them in for anyone
who may want them.
I have too many to list here, but just to give you an idea, I have lots
of Annie's Attic books, Fibre crafts patterns, Vanessa Ann crochet, and
many others.
If anyone is interested just let me know and I will scan in and share.
Old July 29th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Hi Shannon,

Your offer is very generous but please do be careful about copyright.
Perhaps instead of scanning you would be prepared to sell/barter/give
your originals to others.

Best wishes,
VP

Old July 29th 07, 05:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shannon

Vintage Purls wrote:
Hi Shannon,

Your offer is very generous but please do be careful about copyright.
Perhaps instead of scanning you would be prepared to sell/barter/give
your originals to others.

Best wishes,
VP

I didn't realize there was a problem with copyright.

Old July 29th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Jul 29, 4:45 pm, Shannon wrote:
I didn't realize there was a problem with copyright.

Well there may or may not be depending on the age of the material you
are talking about and the laws of the country in which you reside.
Generally speaking though you can't make copies of published works
till at least 70 years after the authors death. If the work has no
stated author then it may be sooner.

VP

Old July 29th 07, 10:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Shannon,

Your offer is very generous but please do be careful about copyright.
Perhaps instead of scanning you would be prepared to sell/barter/give
your originals to others.

Yes, that's a much better idea.

I'm sure Shannon means well but authors of all kinds work very hard before a
finished product - in this case patterns - see the light of day. It's not
fair to copy them ad-lib.

Mary

Old July 29th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Dennis

Thanks for the very friendly offer, but I have a ton of books and
magazines on crochet and knitting.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Old August 2nd 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

How about donating them to a local charity or to your town's social
services people? I know in my town, many people do charity handiwork
(me included!) for the town's needier folks, and I bet access to those
patterns would be a wonderful blessing and fun for all those talented
volunteers. You could spread the books around to several local
organizations so many people could take advantage of them.

In some cases, you might even get a tax discount for donating to
charities. And that never hurts, either!

Wendy
A Knitting Fool in CT