TLS vs Kato Liquid Polyclay

Old March 30th 05, 06:02 PM
Polly S.

Default TLS vs Kato Liquid Polyclay

TLS vs Kato Liquid Polyclay

I was wondering about pros and cons or particular reasons/uses of one
instead of the other... (did that make sense?) Somewhere I read that the
Kato is more clear but rubbery when cured.

And while I'm at it I've been using Fimo for the most part and really
like it but have a chance to purchase a lot of Kato PolyClay. I assume,
from what I have read, that it is easy to condition/work with and
comparable to Fimo... comments etc?

TIA

Polly
---
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
http://saxoncreek.com/
Old March 30th 05, 06:11 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Have you checked the info at Glassattic.com? ;-)

http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/LiquidSculpey.htm

http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/Characteristics.htm

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: penguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.
Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!

Old March 30th 05, 06:29 PM
Polly S.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
Have you checked the info at Glassattic.com? ;-)

http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/LiquidSculpey.htm

http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/Characteristics.htm

Cool, thanks! Don't know why I always forget about glassattic (made a
link on my toolbar just now tho!)

Everything I just read there seems to be very positive about the Kato
Clay and Liquid. I was reading/comparing on a lot of other sites but
wasn't getting enough info! Besides personal opinions/suggestions around
here are better anyway!

thanks for the links!

Polly
---
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
http://saxoncreek.com/
Old March 30th 05, 09:14 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

De nada, mi amiga.

I sent a gift pack of Kato clay to a friend of mine for her 50th (and she'd
just started beading), but I never heard from her how she liked it. I should
order some for my own self and try it out. I love Premo, and have some Fimo
Soft I picked up on clearance, but haven't tried regular Fimo. I guess
because I learned on Premo, that's what I use.

Old March 30th 05, 11:09 PM
Polly S.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
De nada, mi amiga.

I sent a gift pack of Kato clay to a friend of mine for her 50th (and she'd
just started beading), but I never heard from her how she liked it. I should
order some for my own self and try it out. I love Premo, and have some Fimo
Soft I picked up on clearance, but haven't tried regular Fimo. I guess
because I learned on Premo, that's what I use.

I've actually heard/read a lot of people saying the same thing... that
they like to use what they learned with. I don't have enough experience
to know yet what I like and am still learning!!!

My mom stopped by a few days ago with a few bead and clay books from the
library and one project in particular got me really excited. I am
bidding on a some Kato clay and Kato liquid and found some really cool
composition leaf at dickblick.com. I have already started working on it
but have to wait for the rest of what I need now! At least I have about
a dozen other unfinished things to work on in the mean time!

ck out this leaf... it's beautiful.. not what I thought I was looking
for, but turned out to be just what I wanted! lol

http://snipurl.com/dr2m

Maybe this project will get finished and I'll be more eager to show pics!!!

Polly
---
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
http://saxoncreek.com/
Old March 30th 05, 11:29 PM
Georgia

Hmm, I'm pretty much self-taught--guess that explains why I have 6 kinds of
clay in the studio (9 if you count Fimosoft as separate from Fimo Classic
(which you should, since they have pretty different properties) and
Elasticlay and super Sculpey as different from SculpeyIII, which I have from
the early days)

Georgia

Old March 31st 05, 01:59 AM
Sarah

I love the Kato clay, but watch out with bargain prices. The first
batches of the clay had a different formulation. It was very crumbly.
It was later reformulated and much better. I have bought Kato clay at
bargain prices on ebay and it turned out to be the old formula. I
don't have the patience to reconstitute that so it was $80 right down
the drain.
Sarah

Old March 31st 05, 02:28 AM
Polly S.

Sarah wrote:
I love the Kato clay, but watch out with bargain prices. The first
batches of the clay had a different formulation. It was very crumbly.
It was later reformulated and much better. I have bought Kato clay at
bargain prices on ebay and it turned out to be the old formula. I
don't have the patience to reconstitute that so it was $80 right down
the drain.
Sarah

Thanks for the warning... I was worrying about that but she states in
the ad that "We purchase our clay directly from Van Aken so our clay is
as fresh as you can get anywhere." I can only hope it is true. They
have a website selling Kato clay and responded within minutes to an
email about shipping.

Now ya got me worried again! j/k

--
Polly
---

Old March 31st 05, 03:28 AM
Polly S.

Georgia wrote:
The more you all don't buy, the more there will be for the rest of us, LOL

lol don't worry about me... I'm a small fish!

Liquid Kato Arondelle Polymer Clay 12 December 10th 04 05:02 PM
liquid polymer clay on fabric MinnieNeedles Polymer Clay 1 August 19th 04 05:03 PM
Speaking of Polyclay -- I need advice Kandice Seeber Beads 3 March 12th 04 01:14 PM
Kato clay... Louise Polymer Clay 4 November 18th 03 11:37 PM
Kato Polyclay tina16 Polymer Clay 17 July 22nd 03 11:03 PM