Honest question here

Old February 7th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Default Honest question here

It sorta ran together even though I left spaces before and after... try
this
http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbou.../knitting.html

Okay, last time - the site's been changed around...

http://www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout...javaindex.html

sue- Hide quoted text -

What a great site! Thank you! I'm going to try one to see how I like
it.

Wendy
Old February 7th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Feb 7, 1:42*pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
wrote in message

Mary your letter reminded of something ,, in the early 1970 we were in

UK [Manchester] and still had a baby , and as our cotton diapers from
home, weren`t enough thus *we bought English diapers that looked like
little white towels.

Yes, I used nothing else. The best were expensive but aas with most things
you get what you pay for. We call them 'nappies' and some of the ones which
were bought for my first baby were still being used (although thinner) for
our fifth. The very last one was given to a daughter when she had her first
(and only) child. Just for tradition!

i used them till my son didn`t need them anymore

and took them home with us bunsled nicely ,, than years alter it
occured to me that they might be nice hand towels, sewed nice loops on
them and gave half to my daughter half to my son.

I hope you didn't cut them in half :-)

I also read in a book called *"I hate to Housekeep" By Peg Bracken,

That she used to use Diapers for cleaning rags ,but when the babies
grew, she didn`t have them anymore , than she `realized` she could buy
diapers without having babies ,,,,

LOL!

They're expensive though ...

I couldn't be bothered reading such a book, housework doesn't fill me with
enough passion - either way!

Mary

When we were in Manchester My husband was doing his post-Doctorate ,,
not much money , but napppies were good quality
mirjam
Old February 7th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

myswendy wrote:
It sorta ran together even though I left spaces before and after... try
this
http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbou.../knitting.html

Okay, last time - the site's been changed around...

http://www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout...javaindex.html

sue- Hide quoted text -

What a great site! Thank you! I'm going to try one to see how I like
it.

It's a good site for different stitch patterns and seeing what they look
like. For a scarf you could just keep going in the pattern until it's
long enough.

sue
Old February 7th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - take out TRASH to reply

They are made out of worsted weight cotton yarn -- Sugar and Cream, Lion
Cotton, etc. -- and size 6, 7, or 8 needles.

There's a web site called Dishcloth Boutique that has SCADS of patterns,
and I am on a few Yahoo lists where there are monthly and/or bimonthly
knit-alongs for dishcloths (links available on request)

myswendy wrote:

Are they made of cotton? Is there a pattern that is better than
others? What size needles?

Old February 8th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Feb 6, 6:30*pm, myswendy wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have been wondering about this for quite a while--I know many, many
folks love to make dishcloths, washcloths, etc, and many say it's
habit-forming. My question is really two-fold:

Why would anyone want to make something that will purposely be made
dirty? And secondly, do they work? Don't they come out sort of thick
and unwieldy? Are they for washing? or drying? I don't understand. It
seems like it would be much easier to buy inexpensive cloths anywhere
for cleaning with.

I know there must be great merit in it since so many people make them
and enjoy making and using them, so please, kind friends, explain to
me what it's all about? I know I must be missing something here, I
just don't know what, but I'm willing to learn!

I like the plain ones - the ones that start out with 3 stitches, and
you
increase until you get to the middle, and then decrease. I don't make
the fancy ones for the very reason you mention. But the plain ones
are perfect for dishes, floor scrubbing, anything. Ever since I
started
making them, I won't use the store-bought ones. I find that they are
too flimsy.

HTH

Higs,
Katherine

OT - Honest Spam nzl* Quilting 1 March 31st 04 01:19 AM
Honest opinions, please Jalynne Beads 16 March 7th 04 10:30 PM
Honest opinion needed bead name Kalera Stratton Beads 46 February 28th 04 08:40 PM
Honest appraisal Jim McLaughlin Carving 0 August 28th 03 03:07 AM