OT - About my cousin

Old August 4th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default OT - About my cousin

Linda was finally feeling well enough to call me last night. She sounded
better than I was expecting her to sound. Apparently the newer medications
they've been trying her on (they keep having to change medications because
they don't work well enough, or make her seem and feel like she is
overdosing on them) haven't been doing much for stopping the pains at all.
However, the doctor had told her to keep upping the dosage every couple of
days until they *did* work..... and instead of getting rid of the pain it
was messing with her memory (to the point that she thought she had a
conversation with someone on the phone when she hadn't spoken to her at all)
and made her extremely groggy and dizzy... but the pains were still massive.
/

The doctor gave her a new (for her anyway) medication to start last night
which is *supposed to* zoom in on the pain. As she said "We'll see how this
one goes, but I sure hope it does what it's supposed to do. I can put up
with *some* pain, but what I've been dealing with these past couple of weeks
is unbearable. I almost reached the point where.. when the doctor said he
was giving me another prescription to get rid of the pain... I almost asked
him if he had approved for me to have a gun and bullet to just finish myself
off because I couldn't stand this pain too much longer. Not that I want to
die... I don't... I just want the pain to stop, or at least settle down to a
dull roar."

All in all though, in spite of all she is dealing with, she still sounds
optimistic in talking about September, etc. So it isn't like she's giving
up... just hoping for something that will do what it's supposed to do for
the pain. She is still able to walk, although her leg hurts her a lot too.
She has someone come twice a week to help her with her showers, and to do
some light housework for her. Because she is more comfortable sleeping on
the couch in the livingroom (it's much cooler than it is upstairs) and the
bathroom is upstairs, they are looking into getting her a commode for her to
use during the night instead of her having to try to make her way upstairs
after just waking up during the night. That will be good for her, and there
is an under-the-stairs closet that could be used for that purpose... it
isn't really being used as a closet anyway.

In any case, I just wanted to let those who are interested know, that I did
finally hear from her (as I said in a previous post, she prefers to call me
when *she* feels well enough to talk, rather than trying to be polite and
talk when she isn't up to it.. so I have to wait for her calls) and she
*seems* to be better than I thought she was. At least I hope she is and
I'm not just reading into it what I *want* to be true.

Please don't stop sending out good vibes and prayers though... she needs all
she can get.

*hugs*
Gem

Old August 4th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Not Likely wrote:
[...]

Gem,

You have been getting many good vibes and prayers from us and will
receive many more.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old August 5th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"YarnWright" wrote in message

Gem / Not Likely. . .
Thank you for the update. As you already know, you and *yours* are never
far
from my thoughts......
HUGS,
Noreen

Thank you, Noreen!

*hugs*
Gem

Old August 5th 07, 06:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Gem,
You have been getting many good vibes and prayers from us and will receive
many more.
Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Thank you, Dennis! I really appreciate that. I send out good vibes and
prayers for you and Gail all the time too!

*hugs*
Gem

Update on my cousin Not Likely Yarn 6 May 13th 07 05:19 PM
OT - Cousin gone MRH Yarn 8 July 17th 05 08:34 PM
OT call from my cousin Matthew Hollands Yarn 2 May 14th 05 06:26 PM
update on cousin Maine-iac Rose Yarn 9 February 15th 04 02:52 PM