Studio heat source

Old February 21st 05, 10:47 PM
JM

I have an oil-filled electric radiator in my studio - it's thermostatically
controlled and keeps my studio at a nice and warm even temperature. No CO
or fumes - just a cosy feeling. But then again, my studio is small and cosy
anyway - and well insulated!
I have it positioned near to my wheel seat - so I have a nice warm bum when
throwing. :-)) Just what a girl needs when it's cold outside. Brrr.
Keep warm my friends.
JM

Old February 22nd 05, 06:04 PM
Charles Spitzer

don't you have a big heater in your studio called a kiln? just run it more.

Old February 23rd 05, 07:36 AM
Monika Schleidt

Eddie Daughton wrote:
i have found tho' that propane (or butane) are quite "wet" in that they give
off a fair amount of condensation.... i use a wood burning stove in my
workshop... seems to work well.... failing that there's always the waste
heat from the kiln....
Hugs
Eddie

I also have a little woodburning stove, heats it really well. I make a
fire, go back to the house to make some coffee and it's warm enough to
start working. Since i don't work there all the time, there is a little
electric fros****ch running when i am not there. Only disadvantage is,
the clay gets awfully cold to work with.

Monika

Monika Schleidt

www.schleidt.org/MSKeramik
if you wish to write me a mail, remove the number from my user name
Old February 23rd 05, 06:25 PM
Eddie Daughton

Answer to that be "use warm water to throw with" i got an electric kettle
(cheap + cheerful about £5 from a local discount store (quiddy shop in uk))
and just use it for hetaing throwing water....
hugs
Eddie
course if you be handbuilding then it's more of a problem, maybe have brekky
first so that the warmth gets into the clay?????

Old February 25th 05, 07:57 PM
JM

don't you have a big heater in your studio called a kiln? just run it
more.

Nope - I don't....My studio is very small (try 8' X 8') it's a garden
chalet - and my two large kilns are in the garage.

Has anyone here got a smaller studio? I cope; and that's with a pugmill,
drying shelves, wheel, two stools and a workbench (not to mention my
compressor and buckets of glaze and powders). Room for a kiln - NO! Cosy?
Definately! But I still have enough room to produce a kiln full in a day.
:-)
JM

Old February 25th 05, 10:16 PM
jedi

"JM" wrote in message
don't you have a big heater in your studio called a kiln? just run it
more.

Nope - I don't....My studio is very small (try 8' X 8') it's a garden
chalet - and my two large kilns are in the garage.

Has anyone here got a smaller studio? I cope; and that's with a pugmill,
drying shelves, wheel, two stools and a workbench (not to mention my
compressor and buckets of glaze and powders). Room for a kiln - NO!

Cosy?
Definately! But I still have enough room to produce a kiln full in a day.
:-)
JM

One of the potters that was a wonderful source had her wheel in a closet
(lived in Brooklyn I think). She (her web page that is) up and disappeared
one day and rumor has it that she gave potting up. A sad loss. I really
liked her web page and all the wonderful pictures she shared.

Old February 26th 05, 11:33 AM

It sounds like you are referring to Linda Pahl. Somehow I was able to
find her website again a while back. Here's the link:
http://web.archive.org/web/200402140...ests/id46.html

Gaye

Old February 26th 05, 07:03 PM
jedi

wrote in message
oups.com...
It sounds like you are referring to Linda Pahl. Somehow I was able to
find her website again a while back. Here's the link:

http://web.archive.org/web/200402140...ests/id46.html

Gaye

Thank you! That is it!!! I have done all kinds of searches now and then to
see if I she had re-appeared and nothing worked. This time I will email
myself her name (brain dead for names).