Where are we from?

Old October 23rd 04, 02:55 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Elizabeth M"
wrote:

We bought a house on Dundas West, just east of Runnymede. Before that, I
lived for many years on Bloor Street, just west of the Humber River.

Hi

I'm in Berkshire UK. In Surrey there is a place called Runnymede, where the
Magna Carta was signed in 1215. It's quite a historic site. There's more
info here if you're interested!

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plac...e/history.html

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plac...20gallery.html

Liz

I would think that Runnymede in Toronto was named after Runnymede in
England. Toronto was originally named York.......(big smile)

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 23rd 04, 06:19 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you , i get this beautiful picture from you ,,,
mirjam
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:09:08 -0400, mejane
wrote:

And you got me wondering. mede in old English - I think -
means meadow and as Runnymede runs north/south makes me
thank at one time there must have been a long meadow that
run down to the lake. it brings up images of children and
deer and bunnies out in an area that just a couple hundred
years ago would mainly have been new, wooded land. Our
country is still so new.

Jane in Toronto

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Jane all the names you mention , read like a novel in it`s self ....
my imagination is working ,, esp this Runny ...maid....:::

Old October 23rd 04, 10:32 AM
Ophelia

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article , "Ophelia"
wrote:

"NoraBalcer" wrote in message
Auntie O,

I take it that I should be on the lookout for something?

Oh I thought we were passing hugs and warm smiles around

I just wanted to pass one onto you

If nothing have arrived at your house as yet Ophelia, you should be on the
look out for some mail.

Ooooooohhhh it arrived this morning))))))))) Thank you both very much)))
Nora,
please expect something in the post after all)

btw I got my Hickmanline removed yesterday so you can see I am on the
mend)

Old October 23rd 04, 11:56 AM
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

What a relief that must be O. Useful things, but not comfy, and a reminder
of being ill. Now to really start feeling better and hopefully getting
about more
Love, hugs and glad you're feeling better
Christine

"Ophelia" wrote in message
.uk...

Old October 23rd 04, 12:18 PM
Ophelia

Thank you very much Christine I have to keep an eagle eye open for any
infection because I came off the IV 'cos I reacted with rashes and spots.
So I am feeling a lot better now but am watchful

Love and hugs to you too

wrote in message
What a relief that must be O. Useful things, but not comfy, and a reminder
of being ill. Now to really start feeling better and hopefully getting
about more
Love, hugs and glad you're feeling better
Christine

"Ophelia" wrote in message
.uk...

Old October 23rd 04, 01:17 PM
Trish

Thanks Janise:)

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine
"Janise Ross" wrote in message
Trish,
I'm glad to see you made it back here.

Janise

"Trish" wrote in message
Great question Abi

I'm in Saint John, NB Canada

It's amazing how so many people from so many places can have so much in
common:)

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine
http://www.geocities.com/marshalldouglas2001/
"Gallagher" wrote in message
I've been posting for months and lurking even longer. We are such a
diverse
group! But I wonder...where are we all from?

I'm in the US, in Pennsylvania.

Abi

Old October 23rd 04, 02:20 PM
norma woods

Darlene, you by chance going to the "One of a kind" show the end of
November? We might be going down to my sister's around the corner from you
and staying to go.

--
Star love,
Norma
"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article , "Craftkitten
(Darlene)" wrote:

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:21:37 -0400, "norma woods"
wrote:

Hi Els, when I moved to Toronto after graduation form high school I

lived on
Chester at Danforth! Small world, eh?

Gee Norma

It's a very small world because I lived at Donland's and O'Connor
before I was married.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Yes Darlene, we did talk about that. I used to go the the East end
recreation center a lot, and cycled to my friends house who lived in
Leaside. It is indeed a very small world

Els

--
hate spam not welcome

Old October 23rd 04, 02:21 PM
norma woods

Darlene, wonder if we passed each other sometime, and didn't know it??LOL

--
Star love,
Norma
PM OES
If God brings you to it, He will see you through it.

Old October 23rd 04, 03:23 PM
Penny Gaines

Elizabeth M wrote in :

"mejane" wrote in message
And you got me wondering. mede in old English - I think - means meadow
and as Runnymede runs north/south makes me thank at one time there must
have been a long meadow that run down to the lake. it brings up images
of children and deer and bunnies out in an area that just a couple
hundred
years ago would mainly have been new, wooded land. Our country is still
so new.

[snip]

I'm in Berkshire UK. In Surrey there is a place called Runnymede, where
the Magna Carta was signed in 1215. It's quite a historic site. There's
more info here if you're interested!

The Runnymede in England does have a lot of meadowland running down to
the River Thames, even today. I can just imagine it full of bunnies and
deer (and children and ice cream vans in summer).

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old October 23rd 04, 09:00 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Ophelia"
wrote:

Ooooooohhhh it arrived this morning))))))))) Thank you both very much)))
Nora,
please expect something in the post after all)

btw I got my Hickmanline removed yesterday so you can see I am on the
mend)

Ophelia, this was Mirjam's original Idea, and you are not to look back but
look forward....take something you like out of the envelope and add
something of your own to pass on. It becomes to complicated if you would
have to look over you shoulder and start sending items to where this
(chain,) textile sharing came from. Just adde to the notes what you took
and what you added, more or less.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome