Where are we from?

Old October 21st 04, 08:22 PM
spampot

JMU? I went to Madison College! And my niece just graduated from JMU's
nursing school.

Kristen wrote:
I'm from the Richmond area, but I go to school in Harrisonburg.

~Kristen

"BDS2pds" wrote in message

Whereabouts Kirstin? I am in Williamsburg.

I'm in Virginia.

~Kristen

Old October 21st 04, 08:37 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Aud"
wrote:

"Ophelia" skrev i melding
o.uk...

Hi Mirjam I am feeling a lot better but I still have not picked up
any knitting/crochet since my operation. When I do, I know I will be
properly better I think it will be soon and I will let you know

Hi Ophelia, so good to hear!! Hope you are able to enjoy your days, till
then, WITHOUT crocheting!
AUD ;-)

Hello Ophelia, be on the look out for a surprise from Isreal that comes to
you via Vancouver Island. It is a big hug and a lovely smile.....do pass
it on

love Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 21st 04, 08:41 PM
Els van Dam

In article TlNdd.75760$tU4.69425@okepread06, "BonnieBlue"
wrote:

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article , "Gallagher"
wrote:

Vancouver Island BC, Canada, and before that 38 years in Toronto, and
before that 21 in Amsterdam Holland

Els

Els,

In 1980 I went to The Netherlands as part of a People-to-People
International group. I was a junior in high school. We had homestays with
families for about 5 days and then spent some time in Amsterdam before going
on. The family I stayed with raised tulip bulbs. It is a beautiful
country. I learned to ride "side saddle" on the back of a bicycle!

Bonnie, sounds like you had a great time in Holland. You rode side saddle
and did not get a ticket.....I never got away with that. For the rest of
you, we practically live our lifes on a bike in Holland, and the police
treats cyclelists just like car drivers. No light on your back, either in
front or back....here is a ticket. You have someone sitting sideways on
your carrier....ticket......you did not indicate where you were going
...... you guessed it you got a ticket....Seems that I got a lot of them.
Coming home with one would get you more problems at home....One for not
taking care of your bike and two, for the fine....it would come out of
your pocket money naturally.....LOL the good old times.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 21st 04, 08:46 PM
Els van Dam

In article ,
!! (Kira Dirlik) wrote:

I was born in Buffalo, lived in Berekeley & Palo Alto, California a
few times , (in Taiwan and HongKong for a year and a half) and have
been in North Carolina since 1971. For past 9 years have lived in
Pittsboro, NC, just about the exact center of the state.
Kira

Kira we were neighbours at one time.....did you ever come to Toronto, we
often went to Buffalo for shopping, at that time it was much cheaper to
shop in the States. Not today anymore.....LOL

Oh yeah I have wanted to tell you all summer long that your fig jam
recipe is just great. I have passed it on to many of my friends and Mieke
from Toronto has just tasted the jam and she is going to make it as well.
I big sticky jam hug...LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 21st 04, 08:51 PM
Els van Dam

In article , mejane
wrote:

I live in Toronto, Canada and have done so for the past,
oh, 40-odd years. I'm in the opposite end of the city from
Darlene and we have met a couple of times.

de-stashing. Three years ago I moved into a house with
my brother and SIL and found I had a lot less space. After
a bit, the shear volume of yarn and fabric was driving me
crazy and I was lucky enough that Darlene came to the
rescue. She took bags of stuff from me, donated it around
and took what she did not want to Goodwill. I don't have a
car so she came over. I was so greatful. I still have a
lot of stuff but I just gained a new room in the house in
the attic - well, soon, and I am going to turn it into a
sewing, knitting machine, yarn, fabric room. I am so
looking forward to that because I find it so difficult to
work when I can't find my yarn and I can't find a flat
surface anyway to lay stuff out.

Jane in Toronto

Hello Jane in Toronto. Where in the West end do you live.....We lived for
over 38 years in Riverdale....Pape and Danforth.....the greek
neighbourhood. Even though it is wonderful to live on Vancouver Islands
in many many ways......I miss my old neighbourhood....Here I also rode me
bike around. I also miss the husstle and bustle of the big city, the
theaters, and concerts. Jean Lamonte and Tafel music in particular.

One cannot have everything.....LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 21st 04, 09:05 PM
Ophelia

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article , "Aud"
wrote:

"Ophelia" skrev i melding
o.uk...

Hi Mirjam I am feeling a lot better but I still have not picked up
any knitting/crochet since my operation. When I do, I know I will be
properly better I think it will be soon and I will let you know

Hi Ophelia, so good to hear!! Hope you are able to enjoy your days, till
then, WITHOUT crocheting!
AUD ;-)

Hello Ophelia, be on the look out for a surprise from Isreal that comes to
you via Vancouver Island. It is a big hug and a lovely smile.....do pass
it on

love Els

Awwwwwwwwwww Thank you so much)))))

I am passing a big hug and a lovely smile to Nora

Old October 21st 04, 09:28 PM
Michelle

norma woods wrote in message
. ..
Ah, Katherine, we all want to see it!

--
Star love,
Norma
"Katherine" wrote in message
Michelle wrote:
Katherine wrote in message
I am in Labrador, in north east Canada.

Katherine

'Nudder newf!

How'd that potato turn out?

It was gorgeous! I'll send you a picture later.

Katherine

Got your picture just now! Great job on the spud, and cute girlie too!

Michelle

Old October 22nd 04, 12:44 AM
mejane

We bought a house on Dundas West, just east of Runnymede.
Before that, I lived for many years on Bloor Street, just
west of the Humber River.

I have never managed to get out as far west as Vancouver,
although I have thought of it now and then but I am not much
for traveling. I love Toronto but my brother has been
making noises about selling the house and moving outside of
the city. Hopefully not for many, many years.

Jane

Old October 22nd 04, 12:44 AM
BonnieBlue

"Rusty1215" wrote in message
In 1980 I went to The Netherlands as part of a People-to-People
International group

Bonnie, my grandson went on a People-to-People trip last year during the
summer. They visited England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. He said the
homestays were the best part. It's a great program.
Rusty from CT
^(-.-)^
Dusty the Shi-Poo

It is a wonderful program. I had wondered earlier this year if it was still
going on and looked it up on the internet.

We traveled to The Netherlands, Poland, France, Germany, Denmark and England
and had homestays in The Netherlands, Denmark and England.

It is a good learning experience and something your grandson should remember
to put on resumes.

BonnieBlue

Old October 22nd 04, 01:24 AM
lynne

South of Adelaide, South Australia

Lynne

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:08:33 -0400, "Gallagher"
wrote:

I've been posting for months and lurking even longer. We are such a diverse
group! But I wonder...where are we all from?

I'm in the US, in Pennsylvania.

Abi