Result of an internal stash raid :-)

Old September 26th 04, 06:02 PM
Heidi from Germany

Default Result of an internal stash raid :-)

Hi,
several weeks ago DD asked: may I sew something ?
I hadn't even finished the answer 'Yes, you may' when she already
began to select some of my best pinks. She sewed some things before,
but this is the first time she cut the squares by herself.
When the squares were sewn together, I convinced her about the
small green sashing and again, she selected one of my best greens.g
On this top I practiced MQ, which you can see easily :-)
If you like to take a look go to:
http://hbquilts.bei.t-online.de
Go to NEW and you will find 2 pics. One is a detail of a corner,
of course it's my best corner. You can see there lays a long way
of practicing MQ before me :-)
Heidi from Germany

http://hbquilts.bei.t-online.de
mail: please remove quilt from address
Old September 26th 04, 06:49 PM
Johanna Gibson

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:02:37 +0200, Heidi from Germany
wrote:

Hi,
several weeks ago DD asked: may I sew something ?
I hadn't even finished the answer 'Yes, you may' when she already
began to select some of my best pinks. She sewed some things before,
but this is the first time she cut the squares by herself.
When the squares were sewn together, I convinced her about the
small green sashing and again, she selected one of my best greens.g
On this top I practiced MQ, which you can see easily :-)
If you like to take a look go to:
http://hbquilts.bei.t-online.de
Go to NEW and you will find 2 pics. One is a detail of a corner,
of course it's my best corner. You can see there lays a long way
of practicing MQ before me :-)
Heidi from Germany

http://hbquilts.bei.t-online.de
mail: please remove quilt from address

It's lovely - and I don't even like pink! My friend Nikki (she
loves pink and purple) would really like to own that.
I haven't seen your homepage before, and really enjoyed looking at
all your quilts and projects, and I love the way your QI is such a
hard worker... he looks like a reliable QI. My kitty Sasha has
rediscovered the rocking chair, and is asleep on a feather pillow in
the rocking chair just now. Apparently, it's quite tiring to be my QI
(we're packing to move right now, so she has to re-smell the entire
flat). Here she is in more energetic days:
http://www.scampi.pwp.blueyonder.co....e/Jo_page.html
Thanks for the link to your page!

-- Jo in Scotland
Old September 26th 04, 06:56 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Heidi from Germany wrote:

Hi,
several weeks ago DD asked: may I sew something ?
I hadn't even finished the answer 'Yes, you may' when she already
began to select some of my best pinks. She sewed some things before,
but this is the first time she cut the squares by herself.
When the squares were sewn together, I convinced her about the
small green sashing and again, she selected one of my best greens.g
On this top I practiced MQ, which you can see easily :-)
If you like to take a look go to:
http://hbquilts.bei.t-online.de
Go to NEW and you will find 2 pics. One is a detail of a corner,
of course it's my best corner. You can see there lays a long way
of practicing MQ before me :-)
Heidi from Germany

http://hbquilts.bei.t-online.de
mail: please remove quilt from address

Heidi, it looks really good to me! BTW, I recognized several of those
pinks from my own stash, and the green dot is one I used in an I Spy
quilt! g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

Old September 26th 04, 10:45 PM
Susan Laity Price

It is sometimes hard to share your stash but knowing that your
daughter is interested in quilting is worth the sacrifice. Neither of
my sons are interested in making quilts. They want the finished type.
A friend had the same experience with her daughter raiding her stash.
At first it was so exciting to see the daughter quilting but then it
got to be expensive. The daughter was in college and she was making
quilts for all of her friends. The mother finally had to put limits on
what the daughter could take.

I helped encourage the daughter by introducing her to batiks. In
planning a wedding quilt for my niece I wanted to use batiks but
wasn't sure of the pattern. All summer I bought one yard pieces of
pretty batiks--many more yards than I would need. When I decided on a
pattern I realized I only needed 1/4 yard pieces. I washed all the
batiks and then told my friend's daughter if she would iron it for me
she could cut a 1/4 yard off of each piece. She was thrilled. I was
thrilled when I went to her senior art exhibit and saw the quilt she
made from the batiks.

Susan

Old September 26th 04, 10:45 PM
Sharon Harper

oOOOH! I love it - and I swear I unearthed some of those fabrics just this
weekend in my own stash!

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (going to check the pea, ham and vegie soup
simmering on the stove - at 7.45am in the drizzling rain. Gonna be a pj day

Old September 26th 04, 11:11 PM
Kate Dicey

Susan Laity Price wrote:

[...]

James seems drawn to batiks too. And all my most expensive fabrics!
Hehehehe! It's fun to see him plan and work at it though. He's going
to need his own stash storage box soon!

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 27th 04, 12:25 AM
A&T

I love pink, so I expected to like it... but it is gorgeous!!!! She did a
great job.

It was fun to look at your other projects too.

Tricia
--
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old September 27th 04, 01:51 AM
Lenore Lawrence

http://hbquilts.bei.t-online.de

Heidi,

You work is gorgeous and your MQ is GREAT! Your daughter did a great job
picking fabrics and that green really sets off the pinks!

Happy quilting,

Lenore

Lakewood, Washington, US

Old September 27th 04, 04:57 AM