CROSSPOSTED - latest NYS fair result

Old August 23rd 03, 04:16 PM
Teresa in Colorado

Default CROSSPOSTED - latest NYS fair result

It's great that you are entering things. I've been to the NYS fair lots of
times, as a kid.

My grandfather won first prize for his cheese one year - he was ill, so my
mother (and all of us) went to accept the award for him. He was very proud
of that ribbon!

--
Teresa in Colorado

--
"CNYstitcher" wrote in message
Well, I took my cute little decorated cake to the fair...turns out, it
was a day early sigh. But the lady that was doing the receiving said
it was no trouble, she'd put it in the fridge and make sure it got out
for judging on the right day. Called yesterday to check results...big
fat goose egg..ah well. This is the first year I have entered the
culinary competition, and cakes really aren't my strong point anyway, so
I'm not too terribly upset.

The family is planning on heading to the fair on the 27th, a wednesday,
with the hopes that it won't be too crowded (yeah, right!). We have a
limited list of what we want to do - get pictures of my entries and the
lovely quilt that has made me push my desired skill level up quite a
bit; take DS to the kiddie rides; get a picture of DS with the Largest
pumpkin at the fair (tradition, and always makes for silly
pictures..probably will compare it to my belly this year); a visit to
the Iriquois village. We are planning on getting there when the fair
opens so that we can get everything done...DH took the day off without
checking to see if anything was planned - I have a doctor's appointment
at 4pm.

I don't have any other entries until Thursday, so I won't be able to
give you any updates until around September 1st.

Larisa