Just back from Holmfirth

Old February 2nd 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

Default Just back from Holmfirth

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
"DA" don't live wrote

On the silk - I don't know where you are. The equivalent yarn I got to
knit it was what we call Double Knitting wool. I always think of silk as
quite thin - but I don't know :-(

I got the silk from here
http://www.tessyarns.com/

Beautiful!

Scroll down until you see the silk
Melinda has both worsted and sport.

I've no idea what they are :-)

Worsted is between DK and Aran. Think of it as skinny Aran.
Sport weight is usually a little heavier than sock weight.

Also, I forgot to bring up the pattern, I shall though. I only switched on
to see if there was anything in a local store's offers which we want. I
don't really want to go out, it's an awful day with high winds and rain
lashing - sometimes from the north so bitterly cold.

It's cold here, too (East coast USA near Washington D.C.) in my drafty
old house.

=Tamar
Old February 2nd 08, 09:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Richard Eney" wrote in message

Melinda has both worsted and sport.

I've no idea what they are :-)

Worsted is between DK and Aran. Think of it as skinny Aran.
Sport weight is usually a little heavier than sock weight.

Thanks - but I don't know what 'sock weight' is either :-)

... I don't really want to go out, it's an awful day with high winds and
rain lashing - sometimes from the north so bitterly cold.

It's cold here, too (East coast USA near Washington D.C.) in my drafty
old house.

It's not draughty in this house and it is well insulated but it snowed in
the night and some is still falling so the light from outside is blinding.
I'll stay snug inside with my knitting - after I've candied some citrus
peel.

Thanks again for your explanation.

Mary

=Tamar

Old February 3rd 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

The candied citrus peel must smell good. I haven't done that in a long time.
Maybe I will do that the next time I buy oranges.
Marilyn

Old February 4th 08, 10:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Marilyn" fcorliss at comcast dot net wrote in message
. ..
The candied citrus peel must smell good. I haven't done that in a long
time. Maybe I will do that the next time I buy oranges.
Marilyn

We've been a trifle over-zealous, we eat some form of citrus daily and I've
been shredding and freezing all the peel to use, eventually I had four
pounds.

It will take a lot of drying - some is in jars in syrup but it's so nice
when dried :-)

Mary

We're Back!!! Eureka Stamps website is back! Sidny Rubberstamps 0 November 20th 05 09:02 PM
back for a while! CNYstitcher Quilting 7 June 27th 05 09:21 PM
OT sorta : Back home and back online - long Heather Cross Quilting 3 May 11th 04 03:45 AM
OT - I'm back Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 3 January 29th 04 09:56 PM