Just back from Holmfirth

Old January 30th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

Default Just back from Holmfirth

OK, I can get alt.binaries.crafts.pictures. Shall I put it there?

Mary

Yes, please. I am anxious to see what you are planning.
DA

Old January 30th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

I'll make it smaller and put it on now. Then go back to the work - I've
done the back welt and have begun the Hard Bit.

This is the second American pattern I've done and I really prefer English
instructions, they're more thorough. Not keen on working to charts
either - I know it's just the job for some and I CAN do it but prefer
words.

Off to shrink the pic,

Mary

Thanks for sharing the picture. That is lovely, and would be quite
interesting to knit. I think that you will find it not as difficult as you
think. You are only working one pattern at the time.

BTW, so you mind sharing the pattern source, I have some silk that would
like to be that jumper.

Thanks
DA

Old January 30th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

On the silk - I don't know where you are. The equivalent yarn I got to
knit it was what we call Double Knitting wool. I always think of silk as
quite thin - but I don't know :-(

Mary

I got the silk from here http://www.tessyarns.com/
Scroll down until you see the silk
Melinda has both worsted and sport. Depending on the gauge, I just go up or
down a jumper size if the yarn is thicker or thinner. Check out the
beautiful hand dyed yarns while you are there.
DA

Old January 31st 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"DA" don't live wrote in message

On the silk - I don't know where you are. The equivalent yarn I got to
knit it was what we call Double Knitting wool. I always think of silk as
quite thin - but I don't know :-(

Mary

I got the silk from here
http://www.tessyarns.com/

Beautiful!

Scroll down until you see the silk
Melinda has both worsted and sport.

I've no idea what they are :-)

Also, I forgot to bring up the pattern, I shall though. I only switched on
to see if there was anything in a local store's offers which we want. I
don't really want to go out, it's an awful day with high winds and rain
lashing - sometimes from the north so bitterly cold.

And a son has taken time off work so that he and Spouse can re-build a fence
which blew down in last week's storms. Not really the weather for it :-(

Mary

Old January 31st 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

Finally remembered to bring the pattern up with me.

The cover says Knitaly 7 Septembre, B204 The pattern I'm using is Aran
Interlock M-524.

I hope this helps.

I've now done the seed stitch foundation triangles and the first two
pattern blocks. It's looking good :-)

Mary

Thanks Mary. Is it fun knitting?

DA

We're Back!!! Eureka Stamps website is back! Sidny Rubberstamps 0 November 20th 05 09:02 PM
back for a while! CNYstitcher Quilting 7 June 27th 05 09:21 PM
OT sorta : Back home and back online - long Heather Cross Quilting 3 May 11th 04 03:45 AM
OT - I'm back Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 3 January 29th 04 09:56 PM