Update on the Hanami Shawl

Old January 19th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Parrotfish

Default Update on the Hanami Shawl

"Shillelagh" wrote ...

"Ande" wrote ...

Hi, I'm new here and just love this shawl! It looks a bit tough for me,
but I can dream and drool . Where did you get your stitch markers -
they're lovely!

Hi Ande, and welcome! Thanks for your nice comments. A friend
from Australia sent the stitch markers to me in a knitting buddy
exchange. I agree with you, they are beautiful.

Aren't they just ? and by coincidence, I happened to be passing the craft
magazine section in a Newsagent ( my feet lead me astray ) and 'Simply
Knitting' had a set of 6 stitch markers as a freebie ))
--
Regards..............P-f

Old January 19th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

YarnWright wrote:
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply spun a FINE 'yarn':
snipped:
-- and sorry, my text expander I use for work expanded

"stst" (stocking stich) into "Steri-Strips." *red face*

end quoted

Melinda . . .
I laughed and laughed, even tho it HURT my sciatica, but OMG, that was TOO
Funny!
Although knitting bandages isn't really SO far-out!
Noreen

Hey, I used to do that. A church women's group in Ohio used to knit
bandages for a leper hospital in either India or Africa, I'm not sure
which. Anyhow, it was dead easy, "idiot knitting" some of us called it.
Takre a ball of bedspread cotton and size #1 needles. Cast on 30
stitches. Knit every row until either halfway through the ball or to
the end. Cast off.

Apparently they liked the hand knit ones because they were more
flexible, and being made of bedspread cotton they could be boiled to
sterilise them, and re-used until they literally fell apart.

Some of our older women made themselves do fifteen minutes every morning
on their bandages to keep (or get!) their fingers moving.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old January 21st 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

I loved the cat in the sink! Where on earth do you find a cat that wouldn't
mind a bath? ROFLMAO!!!

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Hi Everyone

It seems to be kind of quiet here these days. Maybe a let down from the
Christmas holiday rush?

My friend in Australia and I have finally started our KAL on the Hanami
shawl. AFter a couple of false starts I've finally got two repeats done
(64
rows) of the first chart. Here's a link to have a look if you'd like:

http://tinyurl.com/yusn2v

I hope the link works, I'm still getting used to Photobucket. ;)

Shelagh

Old January 21st 08, 07:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mystified One" wrote in message
I loved the cat in the sink! Where on earth do you find a cat that

wouldn't
mind a bath? ROFLMAO!!!

That picture was in an email a friend sent to me and I thought it was
hilarious.

Shelagh

Old January 21st 08, 08:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Shillelagh wrote:
"Mystified One" wrote in message
I loved the cat in the sink! Where on earth do you find a cat that

wouldn't
mind a bath? ROFLMAO!!!

That picture was in an email a friend sent to me and I thought it was
hilarious.

Shelagh

Shelagh,

Please send the pic.
Dennis
Old January 21st 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"Mystified One" wrote in

t:

I loved the cat in the sink! Where on earth do you find a
cat that wouldn't mind a bath? ROFLMAO!!!

i used to have a water cat. couldn't run a bath with the door
open or, no matter where he was in the house sleeping, Tiki
would be in the tub.
when my parents moved to a new house with a no-so-little
brook next to the house, Tiki was in heaven! he was in the
brook all the time, swimming. figures he was long haired
too...
lee Tiki also liked rides in my bicycle basket
Old January 21st 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Spike Driver" wrote in message

Shelagh,

Please send the pic.
Dennis

Here's a link. Let me know if it doesn't work.

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...image01818.jpg

Old January 22nd 08, 04:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Shillelagh wrote:
"Spike Driver" wrote in message

Shelagh,

Please send the pic.
Dennis

Here's a link. Let me know if it doesn't work.

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...image01818.jpg

Thanks so much.

I really in need of a real good laugh!!!!

Many hugs,
Dennis & Gail
Old January 22nd 08, 07:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda D.

On Jan 17, 7:25 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Hi Everyone

It seems to be kind of quiet here these days. Maybe a let down from the
Christmas holiday rush?

My friend in Australia and I have finally started our KAL on the Hanami
shawl. AFter a couple of false starts I've finally got two repeats done (64
rows) of the first chart. Here's a link to have a look if you'd like:

http://tinyurl.com/yusn2v

I hope the link works, I'm still getting used to Photobucket. ;)

Shelagh

Shelagh,

Your shawl is beautiful, and so very delicate. It will be gorgeous
when finished.

Question for you: I was in my LYS recently and saw they were holding
class for a knit Potato Chip Scarf with a bead knit cast-off. Have
you or
anyone on the group seen a pattern for a scarf done this way?

thanks, Linda D. in B.C., Canada
Old January 23rd 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mystified One[_2_]

Tiki is the name of my calico! She isn't of the water-loving mind, though.
Or the nail trimming, or the loving on anyone but me. But WOW does she ever
love all over me!

I wasn't even in the market for a cat when I walked past the window of
adoptees at Petsmart (all are from local animal shelters). She just seemed
to NEED me, and I've loved her ever since. When I adopted her, she was a
year old and had been in the shelter for at least 3 months. Best way to
have a cat find you, IMHO.

"enigma" wrote in message
. ..
"Mystified One" wrote in

t:

Shawl update Wooly Yarn 1 August 23rd 06 09:24 PM
Silk Shawl update LLWeisse Yarn 0 March 30th 04 10:30 PM
Update *shawl* PHOTO Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 12 September 1st 03 12:11 AM
Update *shawl* Cher Yarn 0 August 28th 03 10:07 AM
Shawl update SlinkyToy Yarn 34 August 8th 03 04:25 PM