lazertran inkjet

Old March 1st 05, 06:49 AM
xtine

Default lazertran inkjet

thank you for your answers. I had looked through the glassattic pages before
hands but that doesn't not really answer my questions.
Most of the data there is for regular or silk lazertran. Here is how inkjet
lazertran shouls work: you select nice images on your computer, print them
on the lazertran inkjet sheet with your ikjet printer . Cut out the image
you want to transfer and float it on water, a thin decal detachs from the
paper. Take this decal ans apply it to BAKED clay, apply polyurethane
varnish ( ??????? I tried Future) to make the decal transparent, otherwise
the background stays eggshell color. Until there everything worked fine.
Then they said you should be able to rebake the decal transfer on clay, and
here the problems arised. The decal curled, waved, and cracked.
For those of you who tried this particular type of lazertran how did you
managed to rebake it if you did rebake it? did you had varnish, tls, future?

thank you again for your help
xtine

Old March 1st 05, 10:14 AM
mermaidscove_com

It sounds like the lazertrans decal is some kind of plastic, mostly
those don't do well in the oven. I suppose it was made for iron on
transfer? Maybe if you keep it flat with something heavy.
Somebody answered a similar question for me but they were suggesting
using the TLS to create the decal from whatever kind of paper. You'd
coat the image, then bake, peel the paper off with water and the decal
you get from that is supposed to be rebakeable. I haven't tried it yet
but it makes logical sense.

Ingrid

Old March 1st 05, 04:42 PM
Stephanie

I thought I saw instructions out there for the iron on paper that you
can run through your inkjet printer. You get your image on the paper
and then cut it out and put it on your unbaked clay. Then you bake it
all. Maybe you can bake the decal face down on unbaked clay and then
soak it and pull the paper off and then varnish it? It does seem that
many instructions say to remove or move elements when the clay is warm.

There is so much stuff I have read on the internet and in the couple of
books I have, I am overwhelmed by it all and can't remember where I saw
what!! LOL It does seem that everyones pages and tutorials have blurbs
on how alot is just practice and exploration, trying this and trying
that...

I hope that doesn't confuse you more.

...Stephanie..

Old March 1st 05, 05:04 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

http://www.lazertran.com/inkjet.html

http://www.lazertran.com/polymerclay.htm

http://www.lazertran.com/inkinstructions.html

oups.com...

Old March 1st 05, 09:29 PM
Stephanie

Your the Woman, Barbara! Do you find all your links on google and/or do
you have a very efficient bookmark system? I have aol and I can't keep
my links organized, it's hard to find things. Maybe because I am
disorganized? hahaha

...Stephanie..

Old March 1st 05, 09:52 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I'm a google hound, but I also really look around sites for information once
I've found 1 thing pertinent. I try to visit all the links on a site,
because you never know what you will find.

Even though you are on AOL, you don't have to use their web browser. Once
you have your AOL connection open, you can use a regular internet browser to
surf the web and keep your bookmarks organized. My personal favorite is
Firefox through www.mozilla.org.

Barbara

oups.com...

Old March 1st 05, 10:05 PM
xtine

I read again all the links, and also the answers I got on PCC. So the answer
is to varnish the decal and then apply it to BAKED clay. ANd then it can be
rebaked at 200 F no more. I 'll try and tell you...
Merci
Xtine

Old March 1st 05, 11:31 PM
Polly S.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:

Even though you are on AOL, you don't have to use their web browser. Once
you have your AOL connection open, you can use a regular internet browser to
surf the web and keep your bookmarks organized. My personal favorite is
Firefox through www.mozilla.org.

OMTP about Firefox! One thing that I really like w/ Firefox is the
ability to open multiple tabs in a single window rather than having tons
of windows open. That works well in the ngs with so many links to view.
I can open a new tab then cut and paste links, over and over, and have
several loading to view all at once. Really enables my bead lust and
helps me when researching one issue or question!!! =)

I'll often use that feature to bookmark several links that I want and
simply right click a tab to close the ones I don't want to save. I've
actually gotten organized... well, as far as bookmarks go!

Polly
Old March 2nd 05, 03:48 AM
Stephanie

Firefox through www.mozilla.org.
OMTP about Firefox!

I will have to try it out and see if my dinosaur computer can handle
it!

...Stephanie..

Old March 3rd 05, 11:42 AM
mermaidscove_com

http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/pc...lanlesson.html

Here is another one, technique looks a little different from these
others.