new look for my site!

Old January 4th 04, 03:39 AM
dawn

Hi Sarahjane, I'll try that. I have alot of the page set up that way already
but not in an invisible cell. I didn't realize that would constrain it.
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out tomarrow and see what happens.

--
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
"Sjpolyclay" wrote in message
I'm not sure what it takes for everyone to see
it the same way.

you can make tables with cells, and put things in those, after you set

your
cell or table sizes. Try setting the table to 98%, or 580 pixels, and make

it
so the border is at 0, then it will be an invisible table that holds

things in
place.
Sarajane

Sarajane's Polymer Clay Gallery
http://www.polyclay.com

Old January 4th 04, 06:20 PM
Sjpolyclay

Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out tomarrow and see what happens.

you are welcome! What program are you using to build your pages? I use adobe
page mill---used to use frontpage but it uses its own code that is not the same
in all browsers, especially for Bold, Italic, and font sizes, etc. It also
really helps to get yourself a version of IE and NetscapeNav. both, so you can
open a finished page there and see what it looks like in both. WYSIWYG t'aint
always so....

Old January 4th 04, 09:38 PM
dawn

Ok, I'm not sure if I did what you suggested Sarajane,or not... but I did
something. First I found out on my other computer, that if I used a default
font the banner didn't expand. Previously I used a "balloon" font but the
other computer was displaying a default font .That font was larger than my
"balloon" font even though the font size number was the same, causing the
banner to expand to accomodate the larger font and thus over lap. BUT on my
husband's computer at work it was still displaying the overlapping banner. I
have converted my "layers" to tables to see if that is similar to what you
suggested. ( I'm using Dream Weaver). If y'all (this is the South) wouldn't
checking again and see if my changes have made any difference over what you
previously saw. I've only done this on the home page. There's no telling
what may be happening on the other pages....

Old January 5th 04, 05:23 PM
Sjpolyclay

BUT on my
husband's computer at work it was still displaying the overlapping banner

You may have to purge his cache and get off then back on line--I have to do
that with AOL to see the new version, but NOT with the other browser that is
NOT inside aol....machines are strange!!!

Old January 5th 04, 06:48 PM
Diana Curtis

The header on the home page looks perfect now, but the header on *the
Process* page is wonky now.
I feel for you. I wish I could offer constructive help. Alas, all I can do
is look and report.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

r.com...

Old January 5th 04, 11:18 PM
dawn

Believe me that is very helpful! Thanks so much! I guess I'll need to check
my process page now and see whats up.
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
The header on the home page looks perfect now, but the header on *the
Process* page is wonky now.
I feel for you. I wish I could offer constructive help. Alas, all I can do
is look and report.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

r.com...

Old January 7th 04, 04:05 AM
Diana Curtis

Whoohoooo! It looks great!
ps... I do so admire your work. Its fun, and classy.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"dawn" wrote in message
r.com...
I made some changes on my process page. Is anything over lapping now?
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
"dawn" wrote in message
r.com...
Believe me that is very helpful! Thanks so much! I guess I'll need to

check
my process page now and see whats up.
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
The header on the home page looks perfect now, but the header on *the
Process* page is wonky now.
I feel for you. I wish I could offer constructive help. Alas, all I

can
do
is look and report.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

r.com...

Old January 7th 04, 05:18 AM
eliquint

Sorry Dawn, but I did find a small overlap on your "cake toppers page. "go
to cake toppers & figurines page 2" (in white) overlaps the black info under
it. (on both pages)

Also there is a small type-o on the pics guidelines page. 2nd sentence, "If
you can get hol of a digital camera" hol (d)

I had no idea how much work goes into setting up a website. As for the
WYSIWYG web software, I will ask my brother the computer guru, if he knows
of any, and will post the info I find out for the group.

Fabulous website and even better sculpting. I'm always awed by the work, of
the good folks in this newsgroup. I am still aspiring to be even slightly
as good as most of you! Of course, most of you have forgotten more then I
have ever learned about polymer clay & sculpting. LOL
Hope this helps you!
Ms. Eli Quin (pronouned Ellie)

"dawn" wrote in message
r.com...
I made some changes on my process page. Is anything over lapping now?
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
"dawn" wrote in message
r.com...
Believe me that is very helpful! Thanks so much! I guess I'll need to

check
my process page now and see whats up.
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
The header on the home page looks perfect now, but the header on *the
Process* page is wonky now.
I feel for you. I wish I could offer constructive help. Alas, all I

can
do
is look and report.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

r.com...

Old January 7th 04, 03:43 PM
dawn

Thanks for taking the time to help me get things set up. I fixed (I think)
the typos and overlaps Eli found (actually "hol" is southern talk but I
fixed it so it would be understood by non-Charlestonians) If anyone happens
to find something that doesn't look right (besides the figurines) or isn't
working properly please let me know. I still have a few pages to update so
some pages have more than one style of buttons. I'll be getting to those
soon. Again, Thanks VERY much!
"eliquint" wrote in message

[...]

"dawn" wrote in message
r.com...
I made some changes on my process page. Is anything over lapping now?
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
"dawn" wrote in message
r.com...
Believe me that is very helpful! Thanks so much! I guess I'll need to

check
my process page now and see whats up.
Dawn Stubitsch
http://www.thumbprintkids.com
http://www.thumbprintkids.com/pages/caketoppers.html
"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
The header on the home page looks perfect now, but the header on

*the
Process* page is wonky now.
I feel for you. I wish I could offer constructive help. Alas, all I

can
do
is look and report.
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"dawn" wrote in message
r.com...
[...]

web site suggestion Barbara Otterson Beads 38 March 18th 04 02:54 AM
Bead and jewelry site. Mary Ann Beads 6 October 20th 03 04:11 AM
Apology and New Web Site AD Kandice Seeber Beads 0 September 19th 03 05:47 PM
Change of auction handle/ID and Web Site Name CrystalLuv Beads 6 August 24th 03 05:36 AM