Sandra november edition

Old October 31st 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
anno

Default Sandra november edition

Hi, I am starting a sweater on the nov edition of sandra if anyone has it,
its model 5. The chart shows a blank box and then = no st after it, does
anyone know what this means? and also what does "start with 1 edge st and
sts before patt g, rep patt g, end with sts after patt g and 1 edge st.rep
rows 1-4. start patt with 1 return row, patt shows on wrong side" can
anyone help me please?

-------------------------------------

*** ***
***....** **...***
**........** **.......**
*** **..........*.........** ***
**.....** **..................** **.....**

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.yarn - 25101 messages and counting!
Old October 31st 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

"anno" wrote in message
m...
Hi, I am starting a sweater on the nov edition of sandra if anyone has it,
its model 5. The chart shows a blank box and then = no st after it, does
anyone know what this means? and also what does "start with 1 edge st and
sts before patt g, rep patt g, end with sts after patt g and 1 edge st.rep
rows 1-4. start patt with 1 return row, patt shows on wrong side" can
anyone help me please?

No stitch means exactly that, there is no stitch. If you look at the chart,
you are doing left and right slanting decreases before and after the blank
boxes.
Again, look at the chart. The part included in the brackets under the chart
is the pattern repeat (MS) , the stitches shown before and after these
brackets (three on each end) are partial repeats. In other words, 1 edge
stitch, work the first 3 stitches of chart, work the pattern repeat (MS/g)
until 4 stitches from the end, work 3 end stitches and 1 edge stitch. By
working in this manner you will have a complete pattern at the sides of the
sweater when sewn together. The return row (1) is simply denoting the wrong
side since usually row one is the right side.
Having knit several sweaters from Sandra, there are a couple of things you
should be aware of before you begin. Sandra is translated from German so
make sure that the size of the sweater is the actual measurement you want.
Also count the number of stitches in the cast on, sometimes the edge
stitches are not included in the number of stitches given for casting on.

DA

Old November 1st 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
anno

anno had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/Re-Sand...ion-25946-.htm :
Hi DA,
Thank you for your help. Can you tell me how I will know that the size of
the sweater is the actual size I want? and also the no of stitches in the
cast on that the edge stitches are not included in the no of stitches
given for casting on, how will I know this? thanking you
DA wrote:

"anno" wrote in
message
m...
[...]

rec.crafts.textiles.yarn - 25103 messages and counting!
Old November 1st 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA[_2_]

"anno" wrote in message
om...
anno had written this in response to
http://www.sewgirls.com/yarn/Re-Sand...ion-25946-.htm :
Hi DA,
Thank you for your help. Can you tell me how I will know that the size of
the sweater is the actual size I want? and also the no of stitches in the
cast on that the edge stitches are not included in the no of stitches
given for casting on, how will I know this? thanking you
DA wrote:

The schematic gives the final measurements in centimeters. Use a tape
measure with centimeters on one side and inches on the other, or convert the
measurements given under the schematic from centimeters to inches. This
particular pattern shows 1/2 the back and 1/2 the sleeve, so you will need
to double those measurements.
Cast on the number of stitches given in the pattern instructions, I did the
math for you. Be aware that you do need to check the number of cast on
stitches with any pattern you knit from Sandra, many times the edge stitches
are NOT included in the cast on number.
DA

sandra magazine Stella Fenley Yarn 1 January 20th 07 07:02 PM
Sandy/Sandra Quilts shhdesigns Quilting 4 March 21st 04 10:43 PM
About scraps and Sandra Dalla...not OT Carolyn McCarty Quilting 4 February 14th 04 02:51 AM