Help with finishing a quilted baby bib

Old October 23rd 05, 04:52 AM
The Brown Family

Default Help with finishing a quilted baby bib

Hi Irene,

I have the 1+ too. Do you have your machine set on "heavy" for around the bib?
If so, it might need to be changed to "light" for other part. Or how about
stopping at the end of the bib and change your stitch to a small zigzag around
the strap part, I usually put the length at 1 and width at 1.5 and sew on the
edge. Not sure if this is any help......good luck!

Lorraine

"IMS" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm making quilted baby bibs for a co-worker who just had a baby. I'm
using a 1/4" bias strip all around edges of the bib, and the tape is
supposed to extend beyond the bib by several inches on either side of
the top for tying.

Once I'm done sewing the bias strip to the bib and begin to stitch it
where it comes off the bib (to secure the edges of the strip), it is too
thin to be fed properly by the feed dogs on the machine, so I'm running
into trouble keeping the sttiches even.

Anyone have any suggestions? I just can't figure out how to do this.
I'm using a Husqvarna Viking 1+ machine, with presser foot "A." Thanks.

-Irene

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
--Mae West

Old October 23rd 05, 01:29 PM
Polly Esther

Well, grrr. Irene you've always been such a wonderful help to me but Betsy
and Lorraine beat me to both good answers. Put something under it as well
as reset. If I could add one thing, it's to slip the ends of the tie inside
under itself so you have a really neat finish. Polly