3.5 volt lighting - no transformer

Old March 29th 04, 11:35 PM
Bernie

Default 3.5 volt lighting - no transformer

I have some 3.5v lights that I want to put in a dolls house. I want to use
a battery and not a transformer as a power source as it will be played with
by some small children. The answer to this question might be obvious but I
am not sure what voltage of battery should I use - is it 3.5 volts too?

Regards,

Bernie

Old March 30th 04, 12:46 AM
Gerald Miller

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 23:35:17 +0100, "Bernie"
wrote:

I have some 3.5v lights that I want to put in a dolls house. I want to use
a battery and not a transformer as a power source as it will be played with
by some small children. The answer to this question might be obvious but I
am not sure what voltage of battery should I use - is it 3.5 volts too?

Regards,

Bernie

Get yourself a plastic holder for two batteries of whatever size (AAA,
AA, C, D) is readily available and give it a try. 3.5V lights on 3.0V
should be very close to full brilliance. I used to build 3 cell units
(4.5V) for people who wanted to use Lundby (5.0V) fixtures in room
boxes, shadow box frames etc.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old March 30th 04, 11:42 PM
Bernie

Thanks a million. I was looking through a box of bits and pieces tonight
and found an old plastic holder for two AA battries so hopefully it will do
the trick. It also screws shut so it's reasonably childproof.

Bernie