Hi! 1st quilt

Old August 29th 03, 03:12 PM
Elizabeth Young

Thanks! The polka dot-like things in the pinwheels are actually stars.
So the stars don't have stars but the pinwheels do.
My little joke.

liz in sunny california

CHARLES MURPHY wrote:
Wonderful quilt firs t or not! great colors and pattern, I love the way you
used the more subtle(tee hee) polka dot that appears in the pinwheels. good
eye! Some one will love it to death.

Old August 29th 03, 03:13 PM
Elizabeth Young

Yeah, triangles sure are. I sewed the 1st 3 rows of a block together and
then took then apart because they didn't match well enough. Eventually I
stopped having to redo things.
But I'm not afraid of triangles now!

liz in sunny california

Kim E wrote:

Terrific job! Triangles are ambitious for a first quilt. I'm sure
your friend will love it.

Old August 29th 03, 07:45 PM
John Gallagher

Wow Elizabeth, its great !! Congratulations!It looks perfect to me. If
thats your 1st quilt cant wait to see the 2nd!! Estelle UK
"Elizabeth Young" wrote in message
Hi, everybody!
I've been lurking for a little while (about 2000 msgs worth, which does
not take long for this group!).
I've finished my very first quilt, even though I had very little idea of
what I was doing. It was lots of fun and I want to do *more*.
A picture of it is here (the 'with toes' refers to my toes and the dog's
toes that are also in the picture).
http://www.fenris.net/~lizyoung/quiltwithtoes.jpg
I made it out of cotton flannel top and back, the nice heavy stuff, with
a single layer of cotton batting. I used the machine for everything.
I will give it to a friend of mine, due in October, for a lap quilt.
I just turned the backing over the edges and topstitched to finish the
edges. I think, on reflection, that the edge is too wide, but I'll just
pretend I intended that all along
There are a lot of things I'll do differently for the next quilt, but
I'm pretty pleased with this one. I'll be sorry to see it go.

liz young
in sunny california

Old August 29th 03, 10:03 PM

Welcome, Liz! I love your first attempt. In fact, I have been trying to
come up with an idea for my star quilt, and this setting is perfect. And
I like the binding idea, too. Remember, there are no Quilt Police!
Nancycog in MD

Old August 30th 03, 06:29 AM
Mneets

pretend I intended that all along
There are a lot of things I'll do differently for the next quilt, but
I'm pretty pleased with this one. I'll be sorry to see it go.

liz young
in sunny california

Nice Work, LIz, thanks for sharing.. and welcome to RCTQ!!!
Hugs, Neets, Memere Neets, Anita
Connecticut, USA
Old August 31st 03, 02:21 AM
Lynn Tocker

Hi Elizabeth

Well Done!! Love your colours, - it really LOOKS warm. You must be so
chuffed :-) I am a about a week (if all goes well) behind you, and I too
have become absolutely hooked on the process. I still have to connect the
finished top to the batting and backing and quilt, so have to get my courage
up for this 'make or break' completion. Having only made three quilted
cushions covers before, a quilt is mega-huge by comparison, so am dithering
on the next step.
Bestest
Lynn