New glass artists tools?

Old July 15th 03, 10:28 PM
Charlie Spitzer

Default New glass artists tools?

molds

"Raymond G. Waldo" wrote in message
I am trying to get my wife some things for her birthday to augment her
new kiln, and I was wondering what might be some of the basic, or not so
basic, tools (& supplies) that she will need or are particularly good to
have. She is going to be slumping & fusing, mainly, here at the
beginning, as that is what she knows, but all the tools she has had to
use until now have been in studio or at the kindness of others. I would
appreciate any assistance and/or recommendations.

Thanks!
Ray W.-

Old July 16th 03, 02:32 AM
Michele Blank

perhaps a 'pony case' or sample box of fusible glass and/or dichroic glass
(make sure you know what COE she is working with and order accordingly).
Frit, confetti, streamers, shelf paper, kiln wash are always useful, extra
kiln shelves, and yes, molds are great if you know what she wants to make. m

Old July 16th 03, 02:43 PM
Louis Cage

A good glass cutter, breaking/grozing pliers, running pliers, a circle
cutter

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

Old July 16th 03, 05:06 PM
Raymond G. Waldo

Thanks all for the suggestions- I can get a cross section of things
based on what has been suggested here.

Thanks again!

Ray-

Old July 16th 03, 09:45 PM
Andy T.

You can get her started with the Spectrum 96 glass by getting her a
Spectrum96 Pack. It contains a great assortment of fusible 96 glass
from Spectrum as well as some nice odds and ends of dichroic
Urorboros. Most shops can get this for you.

Andy