Mirjam

Old July 21st 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

Default Friday morning July 21st was Thursday July 20th 09.31.......

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

I really hope , with many other Israelies that soon the war here will
go away and that we all , Israelies and Lebanese will together rebuild
our beautiful part of the world . Without being subjected to those
Fundamenatlists /terrorists.

mirjam

It's a wonderful thought.

There are people in the U.S. who hope that once we oust the current
Fundamentalist War Machine currently in charge that America can rebuild
our beautiful country.

We haven't lost as much physically as you have, but our education
system and infrastructure have greatly suffered due to money being
spent on a pointless war. Bush and his cronies have made America the
most hated country in the world, and over what? Lies and Ego!

There were no Iraqi terrorists on the planes on 9/11. Al Queda wasn't
strong in Iraq until we attacked that country because of lies told by
Bush.

I hope with all my heart that when the next election comes we can
replace those fools with someone of great insight and intelligence who
can put us back on the right path again.

Caryn

Unfortunately, understandable as it is, the "Overkill" by Israel will have
just the same result as in Iraq - Hisbollah will gain even more supporters
from amongst the unfortunates affected by the Israelis` bombings.

I know they say they don`t intend to harm innocent civilians but bombs
aren`t perfectly selective, and too many innocents are getting killed and
maimed.

Pat P

Old July 21st 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jangchub

Default Thursday July 20th 09.31 after a night in the Shelter Mirjam

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:15:13 -0400, Tia Mary

.... I've been told many times to ignore Karen. It's pretty good advice
really.

She seems to need to be the center of attention. It seems whenever
there is something awful going on in the world, be it war or natural
disaster, she says she knows someone involved in it. It's ironic that
on one hand she claims to have no friends and on the other she has
friends all over the world when a catastrophe hits.

My prayers are with you and all the innocents in both Israel and
Lebonan. Men make war, women and children suffer.

Caryn
Quaker for Peace

"Quaker for Peace" my Irish arse! I had an "unrelated" aunt who was
a Quaker and she's probably rolling over in her grave right now in
response to that phrase at the end of this kind of post! This is NOT
any sort of a "peaceful" post but it IS another slanderous, mean,
hateful, nasty and bullying post. If you had quit after that first
sentence this whole episode could have been avoided!
If you want to send words of support to Mirjam -- as should we all
-- don't tack them on to the end of a hateful, cruel post. There is
enough hate and cruelty being perpetrated in the Middle East as it is!

And this is not a control issue, just in case anyone preceives the
poster to be a control freak! Wooooooooohooooooooooo. Let the idiocy
begin.
Old July 21st 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Jangchub wrote:
[...]

Oh, please do tell me exactly which poster is the control freak?
Because I see at least three.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old July 21st 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

wrote:
.... There were no Iraqi terrorists on the planes on 9/11. Al Queda wasn't
strong in Iraq until we attacked that country because of lies told by
Bush.

I hope with all my heart that when the next election comes we can
replace those fools with someone of great insight and intelligence who
can put us back on the right path again.

Caryn

And just WHO was on the planes and responsible for the destruction
of the Twin Towers, The Pentagon and almost the White House? Good Lord
Caryn, get your head out of the sand and SEE what is going on around the
world. Bin Laden and AlQueda WERE responsible for the first attack on
the World Trade Center and they should have been eradicated at that time.
One thing I would like to say in regards to Mirjam's post -- it's my
feeling that *fundamentalists* of any religion or belief system aren't
the problem. It's the ***FANATIC*** fundamentalists who make trouble.
There are many, many religious fundamentalists who never "raise a hand"
against another person so let's try not to paint them with the same
brush as the FANATICS. I know, it's a fine line but one that we need to
be aware of so that we aren't persecuting people of a specific belief
system who aren't a threat to the democratic nations of the world.
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at
http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 21st 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Jangchub wrote:
And this is not a control issue, just in case anyone preceives the
poster to be a control freak! Wooooooooohooooooooooo. Let the idiocy
begin.

Oh Vic -- GET A LIFE and quit trying to "win" whatever it is you
think there is to win! I could probably post ANY sort of opinion that
differs from one you or Caryn has and you'd call me a control freak!
It's getting old dear and is not at all effective. I can not control
what anyone posts but I CAN "fight back" when I think that a mean post
has been directed at a person simply to hurt that person.
As I said before, when a post is personally directed at someone
specifically for the sake of belittling that person or attacking them
personally then I WILL respond. It's one thing to disagree with someone
else's opinion and totally acceptable. But attacking another individual
on a personal level is NOT acceptable and IS being a bully and mean,
nasty and cruel to boot!
So go out into your garden, find a lovely spot to sit, assume the
proper position and say your mantra. Calm yourself and let go of some
of that hateful bitterness that seems to be consuming you!

Old July 21st 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

Tia Mary ) writes:
(snip)
One thing I would like to say in regards to Mirjam's post -- it's my
feeling that *fundamentalists* of any religion or belief system aren't
the problem. It's the ***FANATIC*** fundamentalists who make trouble.
There are many, many religious fundamentalists who never "raise a hand"
against another person so let's try not to paint them with the same
brush as the FANATICS. I know, it's a fine line but one that we need to
be aware of so that we aren't persecuting people of a specific belief
system who aren't a threat to the democratic nations of the world.
CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)

I know we have been round this mulberry bush before, Tia Mary, but as
I have noted before, it is not that straightforward. The fundamentalists
provide the environment and society in which the fanatics can hide, plot,
and finally carry out their terrorist activities. However, I would note
that at this stage of where we are, there are many fundamentalists in many
religions, but the only fanatics that operate their terrorist attacks on a
world wide basis, are Muslim. Not a popular idea, but one that I feel is
true. "Beware of females wearing headscarves". Luckily, here in Canada
there was at least one fundamentalist Muslim who was prepared to act, and
turn some of the fanatics over to the law enforcement authorities.
Old July 21st 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Tia Mary wrote:

wrote:

.... There were no Iraqi terrorists on the planes on 9/11. Al Queda
wasn't
strong in Iraq until we attacked that country because of lies told by
Bush.

I hope with all my heart that when the next election comes we can
replace those fools with someone of great insight and intelligence who
can put us back on the right path again.

Caryn

And just WHO was on the planes and responsible for the destruction of
the Twin Towers, The Pentagon and almost the White House? Good Lord
Caryn, get your head out of the sand and SEE what is going on around the
world. Bin Laden and AlQueda WERE responsible for the first attack on
the World Trade Center and they should have been eradicated at that time.

Bin Laden is Saudi. Most of the terrorists on the planes were Saudi.
For once, I have to say that Caryn is right. The Iraqis had nothing to
do with 9/11. Al Queda and Bin Laden did, but they are not Iraqi. Al
Queda has been most active in Iraq since we invaded, not before. Bin
Laden was in Afghanistan at the time. And you're right, he should have
been eradicated, but instead the US got distracted by the Iraq issue.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old July 21st 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ElastiGirl

In article ,
Tia Mary wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Thank you Tia Mary,
I read Caryn's post earlier & I'm been chewing on it all morning...

I'd love to have world peace. I'd be delighted if diplomatic
negotiations could achieve TRUE compromises. BUT you can't have
negotiations and compromises when the other side deeply and truly
believes that your side should cease to exist and will do anything to
hasten that happening.

I haven't said this on any of the newsgroups that I frequent, and as
I've said in the last few weeks, I used to frequent radp a lot under
other screen names - so I know that in general radp can handle loud
discussions. My statements or observations...

Have you ever noticed that fascists and totalitarians insist on large
iconic statues and images of themselves EVERYWHERE in the territories
they control? (if I've used either label incorrectly, please correct me)

Have you ever noticed that they (F & T) REALLY don't like women?
Especially educated women?

Have you ever noticed that it sure as h*ll seems like a lot of the world
doesn't truly understand or appreciate the meaning and context of words?
For instance, calling the current president a Nazi or Hitler? For
instance, equating some actions of US govt (both current and previous)
with Pol Pot? Mao? Hitler? Stalin? For instance, calling something a
catastrophe or saying it's the "biggest/most horrible/most
terrifying/absolutely horrific thing ever" without regard to history or
context?

Grrrrrr,
EG

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Craftkitten Yarn 7 May 13th 06 08:20 AM
letter from Gemini, special attn: Mirjam norma woods Yarn 0 July 6th 04 07:06 PM
reply to Mirjam Jan Lennie Needlework 42 November 24th 03 07:30 AM
MIRJAM..Thankyou... Cher Yarn 4 November 8th 03 02:40 PM