Firehouse Angel Update

Old May 16th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Firehouse Angel Info -- was Update

What if some sort of clear plastic envelope was attached to the back by the
framer, and then you could put whatever info you choose into that -- it
would be more protected and more likely to "stay stuck" than just a paper
envelope.
--
Jere

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
Twinsmom wrote:
Why don't you see what the framer suggests about attaching the papers?
Have we decided about the chart itself? I think most of us had signed
and dated close to the spot that we stitched. That wouldn't need to be
on the back with the progress, but perhaps sandwiched inside? I just
kinda feel the chart should go with her. And I love the idea of a
small plaque. I hope that's able to be worked out.

If no one else is interested in the beads and fibers that were left
over and you decide against an auction, I'd be happy to purchase them.
I actually have the chart in my to-do pile, so they would be put to
good use.

Carolyn

If no one else has any ideas about what to do with the fibers, etc.
I would *really* like to know that they have purchased by someone who
will use them to do another Angel :-)! Besides, that would be a bit
more moolah to go towards the framing costs!!
I'll make sure I discuss a plaque with whoever does the framing. I
also really like the whole idea and would prefer that it is attached to
the frame or the matte if a matte is used. What about the idea of an
envelope of some sort attached to the back? Does everyone like that
idea? Having the chart included with the piece is also a nice touch. I
haven't looked at the chart yet so I'm not sure what has been written on
it! I'm going to put the piece wayyyyyy up high on top of something so
that the SMDGD can't get her grubby little 3 y.o. kid paws on it --
LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Old May 17th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

How Beautiful she is! A spendid job! I have always enjoyed reading up
on the progress of this project.

I was just wondering.....how will she be presented? And will it be in
the news? Or is this just a private thing between rctn and the fire
department? I was just curious. Maybe this was discussed and I just
missed it.

Diane

Old May 17th 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Tue, 16 May 2006 17:53:55 -0400, Tia Mary
wrote:

If no one else has any ideas about what to do with the fibers, etc.
I would *really* like to know that they have purchased by someone who
will use them to do another Angel :-)! Besides, that would be a bit
more moolah to go towards the framing costs!!
I'll make sure I discuss a plaque with whoever does the framing. I
also really like the whole idea and would prefer that it is attached to
the frame or the matte if a matte is used. What about the idea of an
envelope of some sort attached to the back? Does everyone like that
idea? Having the chart included with the piece is also a nice touch. I
haven't looked at the chart yet so I'm not sure what has been written on
it! I'm going to put the piece wayyyyyy up high on top of something so
that the SMDGD can't get her grubby little 3 y.o. kid paws on it --
LOLOL! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Since I bought them, I'd like to have them.
Old May 17th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

wrote:

If no one else has any ideas about what to do with the fibers, etc.
I would *really* like to know that they have purchased by someone who
will use them to do another Angel :-)! Besides, that would be a bit
more moolah to go towards the framing costs!!

Jangchub responded:
Since I bought them, I'd like to have them.

There were a lot of stitchers who put endless hours into stitching this
project and they got no monetary rewards for their work. I maintained a
site (granted, it took little time or server space), that was donated to
the project. Someone took hours and spent funds to wind the threads on
bobbins and organize them in a bobbin case, free of charge.

There are going to be several who will donate funds to see that she is
framed. Also, the shipping costs to get her to New York.

This was always a project of donation from our hearts for a loving
cause. If selling the fibers, etc., will help defray the costs of
framing, then I'm all for it. You have washed your hands of this
project, poisoned the aura around it causing it to almost collapse, and
threatened me before I had a chance to get all your information off the
site. At this point, anything we can do to defray costs, I'm all for
it. If it's not possible to do that, then perhaps we should *think*
about sending them back to you.

Dianne
Old May 17th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Heather in NY wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I live on Long Island, and if there's no one closer, I'll do the
delivery. But since I didn't live here when it happened, if there's
someone else local, I'd feel better about that. I'm more than willing
to contribute to the cost of framing as well, Tia Mary, please email me
at heather.eberhardt @ gmail.com and we'll work it out. I'm so glad
she's finally getting so close to done and will certainly go see her
after presentation so I can just marvel at it. I worked on her very
early on and was thrilled with what I saw then.
Heather

I'd also like to contribute to the cost of framing. The project began
before I found rctn but I've followed it ever since. Tia Mary, please
contact me too off list: nn_abbasi at hotmail dot com.

Thank you,
Nadia

Old May 17th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Tia Mary wrote:

If no one else has any ideas about what to do with the fibers, etc.
I would *really* like to know that they have purchased by someone who
will use them to do another Angel :-)! Besides, that would be a bit
more moolah to go towards the framing costs!!

Didn't Vic purchase all the materials? If she did, maybe (since she
doesn't seem to be responding to this thread) we should offer them back
to her or at least ask her what she'd like done with them.

Having the chart included with the piece is also a nice touch. I
haven't looked at the chart yet so I'm not sure what has been written on
it!

Yes, definitely include the chart!

I'm going to put the piece wayyyyyy up high on top of something so
that the SMDGD can't get her grubby little 3 y.o. kid paws on it --

That sweet little angel couldn't *possibly* have grubby little paws!!!!

Joan

Old May 17th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I've emailed you privately about this.

Carolyn

Old May 17th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Tia Mary -

Please contact me via email about where to send donations and an idea
for the presentation.

Sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com
Old May 17th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

On Wed, 17 May 2006 17:56:07 +0430, Dianne Lewandowski
wrote:

There were a lot of stitchers who put endless hours into stitching this
project and they got no monetary rewards for their work. I maintained a
site (granted, it took little time or server space), that was donated to
the project. Someone took hours and spent funds to wind the threads on
bobbins and organize them in a bobbin case, free of charge.

Excuse me Dianne. I bought everything but the beads and fabric. I
wound all the bobbins, bought all the rings to hold them, the plastic
bags, and the shipping tube.

Old May 17th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Thank you, Joan. I haven't a thing to say about the Angel at all.
However, if there are materials left I think I should have them.