Ot on the manner people write and relate to facts...

Old September 16th 05, 04:08 PM
Karen C - California

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

"articulateness" ??

Dianne's word, which I adopted in quoting her.

Although I don't have a dictionary here, Word Perfect's spellcheck
accepts it as a valid word. I'm willing to accept your suggestions of
alternatives.

--
Karen C - California
Finished 8/16/05 - Be Sure to Pay the Pipers

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for aunt/uncle, July birthstone,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old September 16th 05, 06:26 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Could you please email me privately JV ?
mirjam
On 16 Sep 2005 06:12:28 -0700, "jv" wrote:

Hmmm... that's an interesting theory. Oddly enough, I don't question
the fact that Dr Brat has completed her PhD. If you've achieved that
same milestone, you might want to update your resume.

(From KMC's website:
EDUCATION
University of San Diego School of Law
45 credits

Muhlenberg College
Bachelor's Degree
double major: Political Science (International Relations concentration)
and German
National Merit Scholarship winner)

So - in KMC's world, I've got a doctorate as well - I guess maybe I
should go have a chat with my boss and ask for a raise!

Elizabeth and I are fairly evenly matched in articulateness and
education, so intimidation
isn't a factor in my perception of her.

Old September 16th 05, 06:29 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Mrs PP for adding this to Dianne`s post
mirjam
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:18:02 GMT, "Pat P"
wrote:

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
And you Nicole have been here ? how long ? several months ? that you
have an opinion about several years of going on events !!!
mirjam

Mirjam, you really don't want to go down this road.

You and Elizabeth have had any number of contentious arguments. I've read
them all. Both sides. And she isn't the only one with whom you have a
problem. You and I have had our moments. It's been a long time. Since
then, I have generally ignored your posts. But that doesn't mean I don't
read them.

There is a language problem, and an understanding problem on your part.
You read into things that which is not there.
Dianne

Having said that, Dianne - so do a lot of people!

Pat P

Old September 16th 05, 06:33 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
The plain fact is that Nicole isquite new here and hasn`t read or
seen, all the many `debates` that went on . Thus how can she judge?

The plain fact is that you have absolutely no idea how "new" or "old"
Nicole's presence is. She may have been lurking for years without
posting.

Elizabeth is unkind because i dare
not to agree with her. I have a respect for her Education and Diploma
and Academic status, This doesn`t mean that i have to bow, agree
accept everything she says/writes.

I beg to differ with your summation.

I shall not respond to the rest.
Dianne
--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old September 16th 05, 06:39 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Dianne !!
I read , reread and could not believe my eyes, your leter is written
proof to what Caryn and i claim,,,,,, read your own words ...

Let's keep Caryn out of this. It's you to whom I responded. Not anyone
else. Whether or not she agrees with you is pointless in this
discussion. Do you bring her up because she agrees with you and that
makes what you say correct? I don't think so.

So because you feel she is intimidating as well as more articulate
than you She is never mean-spirited but points out an oposing view and
backs up with solid evidence ......yet you yourself go on and write
that

I have found other people, as well, who momentarily intimidated me
because their knowledge was more than I knew "at a given moment in time"
or knew "period".

There have been times when I've
backed down because I didn't know how to research.

So how do you know that If you had the knowledge how to serach , you
wouldn`t have found another opposing view , Just as valid as
Elizabeth`s `found` views. ????

I DON'T know that I might have found an opposing view. But if I'm too
lazy to go look it up, then I can't discuss. It is pointless.

And in this cases when you really don`t know much about it and insist
on taking a stand, why is it always Elizabeth`s [unchecked by you]
sources that impart the knowledge.

I never said I didn't check her sources.

I shall end this discussion, as it will be a fruitless endeavor. I find
it disarming and distasteful that we are discussing a person as if she
isn't here.

Dianne

Old September 16th 05, 06:42 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Pat P wrote:
Having said that, Dianne - so do a lot of people!

No kidding. But only Mirjam seems to have a problem understanding that
and admitting that can be a problem.
Dianne

Old September 16th 05, 06:43 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Karen C - California wrote:

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

"articulateness" ??

Dianne's word, which I adopted in quoting her.

Although I don't have a dictionary here, Word Perfect's spellcheck
accepts it as a valid word. I'm willing to accept your suggestions of
alternatives.

I said that? Oh, heavens. Never heard of it. But I don't doubt I may
have thrown that in there. Some days they should keep a typewriter away
from me.

Dianne

Old September 16th 05, 06:54 PM
Pat P

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
Lucretia Borgia wrote:

"articulateness" ??

Dianne's word, which I adopted in quoting her.

Although I don't have a dictionary here, Word Perfect's spellcheck accepts
it as a valid word. I'm willing to accept your suggestions of
alternatives.

Karen C - California

Articulation, for goodness sake! LONG ago I was warned not to trust a
spellchecker!

Pat P

Old September 16th 05, 07:42 PM

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

"articulateness" ??

Dianne's word, which I adopted in quoting her.

Although I don't have a dictionary here, Word Perfect's spellcheck accepts
it as a valid word. I'm willing to accept your suggestions of
alternatives.

Karen C - California

Articulation, for goodness sake! LONG ago I was warned not to trust a
spellchecker!

Pat P

So much for her claim to fame as a proof-reader!

Relying on spell check doesn't cut it in the real world I've found.
Back when I was typing for a living (which, thank God, I don't do
anymore! LOL) I never relied on it for accuracy. It seemed like it
didn't recognize real words and allowed some really wild typoes
through!

I've been called "highly articulate" but that was my upbringing as much
as anything. You don't grow up with an English Teacher for a mother
without being able to use the language. Course, you also don't grow up
with a Math Teacher dad and be bad with numbers. Probably why I was
drawn to the Media Planning part of Advertising in college. Had to
write proposals for clients, and work with numbers!

Caryn

Old September 16th 05, 09:07 PM
Lucille

Karen C - California wrote:

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

"articulateness" ??

Dianne's word, which I adopted in quoting her.

Although I don't have a dictionary here, Word Perfect's spellcheck
accepts it as a valid word. I'm willing to accept your suggestions of
alternatives.

I said that? Oh, heavens. Never heard of it. But I don't doubt I may
have thrown that in there. Some days they should keep a typewriter away
from me.

Dianne
--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

According to Merriam-Webster on line it is a word and designated a noun. I
think it's an awkward word, but it is technically correct.
Lucille