Ot on the manner people write and relate to facts...

Old September 15th 05, 10:57 PM

NL wrote:
Karen C - California wrote:
wrote:

I rarely get in the middle of spats but I have to defend Dr. Brat (not
that
she needs any help from me). After my fire she sent a HUGE box full of
charts. She doesn't really know me but she did an act of kindness.
Mirjam,
she is truly a kind person.

Janet

I'll second that.

AOLMe too./AOL ;-)

I also haven't really read any posts from her that have been rude and
mean. Just fo the record...

take care
nicole

Nicole,

Brat is agreeable with anybody who agrees with her, but dare to take an
opposing opinion, and then stand by it when she attempts to prove her
view is right, and it's a different story.

I give as good as I get, don't get me wrong. I can be obnoxious as
anything, but at least I'll admit to it, and apologize when I have gone
too far. I do not remember ever having seen Brat do the same.

Caryn

Old September 15th 05, 11:06 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
And you Nicole have been here ? how long ? several months ? that you
have an opinion about several years of going on events !!!
mirjam

Mirjam, you really don't want to go down this road.

You and Elizabeth have had any number of contentious arguments. I've
read them all. Both sides. And she isn't the only one with whom you
have a problem. You and I have had our moments. It's been a long time.
Since then, I have generally ignored your posts. But that doesn't
mean I don't read them.

There is a language problem, and an understanding problem on your part.
You read into things that which is not there.
Dianne
--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old September 16th 05, 12:00 AM
Dianne Lewandowski

Nicole,
Brat is agreeable with anybody who agrees with her, but dare to take an
opposing opinion, and then stand by it when she attempts to prove her
view is right, and it's a different story.

Not true. I have often disagreed with her. Or, stated an opinion to
which she disagrees. Although she can be intimidating in discussions
(she is more articulate than I), she is never mean-spirited but merely
points out an opposing view and generally backs it up with pretty solid
evidence.

I admire her knowledge, her tenacity, and her ability to get underneath
fluff and hit the core of a discussion. There have been times when I've
backed down because I didn't know how to research. But not because she
was so over zealous in her opinions that she cowered me in a corner.

I give as good as I get, don't get me wrong. I can be obnoxious as
anything, but at least I'll admit to it, and apologize when I have gone
too far. I do not remember ever having seen Brat do the same.

I have seen Elizabeth apologize more than once. Normally, however, she
doesn't need to apologize. She pretty much backs up what she has to say
and those who are arguing have nothing with which to counter her
position. If that makes you feel intimidated, that's not her fault.

I'm greatful for the knowledge she imparts here at RCTN, particularly
when the subject threads can be so diverse and get into areas that some
of us really don't know much about but insist on taking stands. It
keeps me on my toes.

Dianne

Old September 16th 05, 12:55 AM
NL

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
And you Nicole have been here ? how long ? several months ? that you
have an opinion about several years of going on events !!!
mirjam

Oh yeah, I know nothing, that's been established by you already, I also
am too young, I have not been here long enough, I probably haven't been
anywhere long enough. Fine.
Btw: Did you know that multiple exclamationmarks are a sign of a severe
lack of true arguements?

take care
nicole
Old September 16th 05, 02:50 AM
Karen C - California

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Not true. I have often disagreed with her. Or, stated an opinion to
which she disagrees. Although she can be intimidating in discussions
(she is more articulate than I), she is never mean-spirited but merely
points out an opposing view and generally backs it up with pretty solid
evidence.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Dianne. Elizabeth and I are
fairly evenly matched in articulateness and education, so intimidation
isn't a factor in my perception of her. She is a worthy opponent; when
we disagree, she gives me something to think about (facts or studies I
hadn't been aware of).

I've also been accused of being mean and intimidating simply for having
more words and facts at my command than the person I'm disagreeing with.
Somehow, I fail to see the connection between being angry at ME when its
the FACTS that are proving them wrong.

--
Karen C - California
Finished 8/16/05 - Be Sure to Pay the Pipers

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for aunt/uncle, July birthstone,
Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old September 16th 05, 02:06 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Good Morning Dianne ,,,
The sun is now peeping over the hills of Lower Galille from Nazareth,
Tzipory Tivon ,,,,, Yes it is a good time to assume what i want ? and
suggest to me what way/road i want to take.
Yes Dianne i have seen your debates with Elizabeth , i even supported
some of your claims once.
Mirjam, you really don't want to go down this road.

The plain fact is that Nicole isquite new here and hasn`t read or
seen, all the many `debates` that went on . Thus how can she judge?
You and Elizabeth have had any number of contentious arguments. I've
read them all. Both sides. And she isn't the only one with whom you
have a problem.

Yes i have hard discussions with Elizabeth, and i have hard
discussions with some others. But as Caryn so neatly pointed out in a
letter under this one to Nicole. Elizabeth is unkind because i dare
not to agree with her. I have a respect for her Education and Diploma
and Academic status, This doesn`t mean that i have to bow, agree
accept everything she says/writes.
You and I have had our moments. It's been a long time.

To tell you the truth i know we don`t always see eye to eye, i don`t
remember what and when it was. At times when i read your opinons about
education and your ideas about your neighbourhood, i find mine are
different than your`s. This is the whole beauty of NGS like this
one, that we can widen our horizons as to different situations and
different points of view.
I also recall that lately, when Nicole wrote some of her claims about
the WW2 in Germany, you joined [ i think, it is not the first time
that you join when such a debate goes on] , with the story you heard
from your [was it ex?] FIL. Now Nicole is offended because i didn`t
agree to accept her preffered version of WW2. She can of course check
with the various "Forschungsstelle fur Zetgeschichte". or other
academic, or archives.But it is easier to join an attack on me , which
of course will imidiately change the historical facts.
Since then, I have generally ignored your posts. But that doesn't
mean I don't read them.

So now what am i supposed to say , thank you for ignoring me or thank
you for reading me anyway?
There is a language problem, and an understanding problem on your part.
You read into things that which is not there.

please !!! this a very dead horse , i thought the bones already
turned into dust ,,,,
Yes i am sensitive to langugae uses !. Interesting enough, when people
here speak about Bush `s deeds around the Katrina disaster , you climb
the wall and tell them not to imply , nore spread rummors......But
this doesn`t stop you from doing it to me. Language is a tool not only
for giving information, it is also used to spread rumors etc.. You are
a Music Teacher ? listen to the `music` of the words, the resonance`
of terminolgies, the echoes a word makes. As a music teacher and
music lover, You probably have more understanding , to various styles
of music, than people without such a wide musical education. I will
never tell you how to listen or understand music, i will only tell
you: " i enjoyed this , liked that , and there were some parts of the
concert that i didn`t like". Even though for many years i watched /
supported my Daughter becoming a Professional performing and teaching
musician, and many events went through our house, and i have tracked
many a theoretical book for her, i still will only tell you if i
enjoyed listening to something or not !!! ...
Are you educated, experienced and well trained to listen to Nuances of
the Xhenophobic terminologies ?
wishing you a nice day.
mirjam

Old September 16th 05, 02:06 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Dianne !!
I read , reread and could not believe my eyes, your leter is written
proof to what Caryn and i claim,,,,,, read your own words ...
Not true. I have often disagreed with her. Or, stated an opinion to
which she disagrees. Although she can be intimidating in discussions
(she is more articulate than I), she is never mean-spirited but merely
points out an opposing view and generally backs it up with pretty solid
evidence.

So because you feel she is intimidating as well as more articulate
than you She is never mean-spirited but points out an oposing view and
backs up with solid evidence ......yet you yourself go on and write
that
There have been times when I've
backed down because I didn't know how to research.

So how do you know that If you had the knowledge how to serach , you
wouldn`t have found another opposing view , Just as valid as
Elizabeth`s `found` views. ????
But not because she
was so over zealous in her opinions that she cowered me in a corner.

OH, No ??? she didn`t ?? and what exactly is this letter about ???

I have seen Elizabeth apologize more than once. Normally, however, she
doesn't need to apologize.

This sentence speaks Mountains for it self,,, !
She pretty much backs up what she has to say
and those who are arguing have nothing with which to counter her
position. If that makes you feel intimidated, that's not her fault.

How do you know she pretty much backs up her words, when you say in
your own words that you didn`t know how to reserach????
I'm greatful for the knowledge she imparts here at RCTN, particularly
when the subject threads can be so diverse and get into areas that some
of us really don't know much about but insist on taking stands.

And in this cases when you really don`t know much about it and insist
on taking a stand, why is it always Elizabeth`s [unchecked by you]
sources that impart the knowledge.
It
keeps me on my toes.

have a healthy excercise ...
mirjam

Old September 16th 05, 02:06 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

And these words from a woman , sho has written several instructive
letters on how to CHEAT the Legal system in her own country

I've also been accused of being mean and intimidating simply for having
more words and facts at my command than the person I'm disagreeing with.
Somehow, I fail to see the connection between being angry at ME when its
the FACTS that are proving them wrong.

-
Karen C - California

Should be printed and hung in every classroom !!!!
mirjam

Old September 16th 05, 02:12 PM
jv

Hmmm... that's an interesting theory. Oddly enough, I don't question
the fact that Dr Brat has completed her PhD. If you've achieved that
same milestone, you might want to update your resume.

(From KMC's website:
EDUCATION
University of San Diego School of Law
45 credits

Muhlenberg College
Bachelor's Degree
double major: Political Science (International Relations concentration)
and German
National Merit Scholarship winner)

So - in KMC's world, I've got a doctorate as well - I guess maybe I
should go have a chat with my boss and ask for a raise!

Old September 16th 05, 03:18 PM
Pat P

"Dianne Lewandowski" wrote in message
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
And you Nicole have been here ? how long ? several months ? that you
have an opinion about several years of going on events !!!
mirjam

Mirjam, you really don't want to go down this road.

You and Elizabeth have had any number of contentious arguments. I've read
them all. Both sides. And she isn't the only one with whom you have a
problem. You and I have had our moments. It's been a long time. Since
then, I have generally ignored your posts. But that doesn't mean I don't
read them.

There is a language problem, and an understanding problem on your part.
You read into things that which is not there.
Dianne

Having said that, Dianne - so do a lot of people!

Pat P