The latest thing around here...

Old December 27th 04, 11:43 PM

Elizabeth Young wrote:

I frequently wore a full length full circle heavy wool skirt around
campus - kept my legs warm and also generated lots of "are you a nun"
"are you in a play" questions. Always fun to answer.

Are you saying this is what you used in winter in South Carolina? I
know full well how to dress for winter in my native Pennsylvania, but I
was given the distinct impression that winter in South Carolina was
"rather mild," which is what I think that "winter" here in California is.
Old December 28th 04, 12:30 AM
Juno

" I'm sure she'd be fine with a few pairs of leggings plus tights to wear
under her skirts, if I can convince her to order them (I'm not wasting
any money buying them without her wanting them, because I've done that
before and she hasn't worn things because she didn't want them). If
not, she can jolly well freeze until she gets the drift.

You Melinda are a mom after my own heart! Nothing like her finding it out
for herself. A few more years though it will amazing as to how much she
realizes YOU have learned. They all get there eventually.
Juno

Old December 28th 04, 12:46 AM

Juno wrote:

You Melinda are a mom after my own heart! Nothing like her finding it out
for herself. A few more years though it will amazing as to how much she
realizes YOU have learned. They all get there eventually.

(chuckle) That's what I figure. I don't think she thinks I'm dumb --
it's just that she doesn't believe me.

It happens all the time. She will never believe something until she
sees it for herself. *shrug* All I do is make suggestions -- she is 19
and if she chooses not to follow them, she will learn later that I was
right.
Old December 28th 04, 07:48 AM
Elizabeth Young

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Elizabeth Young wrote:

I frequently wore a full length full circle heavy wool skirt around
campus - kept my legs warm and also generated lots of "are you a nun"
"are you in a play" questions. Always fun to answer.

Are you saying this is what you used in winter in South Carolina? I
know full well how to dress for winter in my native Pennsylvania, but I
was given the distinct impression that winter in South Carolina was
"rather mild," which is what I think that "winter" here in California is.

oh good grief no, that was michigan - which often has wet cold sleety
days much like SC might get - thinking of Barbara Raper's post regarding
ice storms (usually a little snow, a lot of sleet, and then freezing
weather - very pretty, but hard on trees and phone lines)

liz young in totally unsnowy (usually) california
Old December 28th 04, 02:56 PM
Barbara Raper

Today is Tuesday and it is 26 degrees in Greenville, SC at 8:55 AM.
Barbara in SC & FL

Old December 28th 04, 04:26 PM
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:30:02 GMT, "Juno"
calmly ranted:

" I'm sure she'd be fine with a few pairs of leggings plus tights to wear
under her skirts, if I can convince her to order them (I'm not wasting
any money buying them without her wanting them, because I've done that
before and she hasn't worn things because she didn't want them). If
not, she can jolly well freeze until she gets the drift.

You Melinda are a mom after my own heart! Nothing like her finding it out
for herself. A few more years though it will amazing as to how much she
realizes YOU have learned. They all get there eventually.

Sign:

TEENAGERS: Leave home NOW,
while you still know everything!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked.
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk

Old December 28th 04, 06:58 PM
nana2b

LOL Larry! I had that sign up in my kids room when they were teens. Too
bad they did not heed it.

Linda whose "kids" are 30 and 27 and thankfully out of the house.

Old December 29th 04, 02:19 AM

Larry Jaques wrote:

TEENAGERS: Leave home NOW,
while you still know everything!

My daughter isn't like that -- She's more like hoping for the best
because she doesn't want to prepare for the worst.
Old December 29th 04, 06:16 AM
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:19:15 GMT, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to
reply calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques wrote:

TEENAGERS: Leave home NOW,
while you still know everything!

My daughter isn't like that -- She's more like hoping for the best
because she doesn't want to prepare for the worst.

Ah, an idealist. 4 more years of Shrub (if he lasts) ought to teach
her why she should have done the opposite. Perhaps that's the best
way to learn something after all.

Speaking of learning, where can I find a thread size chart? I saw
a reference to one in a 1994 search of this group, but only a
reference.

Also, are there any tricks to using a binding feeder? I got the slower
motor installed on the Consew 210 yesterday and am having a heck of
a time keeping the piece in the binding, keeping the binding under
the needle, and keeping a straight stitch on the binding. Do I just
need more practice, or ???

Old December 29th 04, 08:26 AM
Marlene Lee

I'd love to get the directions on making a purse from placemats.