bunad embroidery

Old November 30th 03, 05:33 PM
Uniquedani

Default bunad embroidery

I am looking for bunad embroidery pattern/designs. I have searched and found
where to purchase a completed bunad costume or the history of bunad embroidery.
I don't necessarily want costume designs, but also table runners or smaller
piece designs. Also directions preferably in English. If in Norwegian I do
have access to translators or I can work off detailed designs. I am also
looking for the wool fabric and wool threads to stitch with.
Thanks,
Dani
Old November 30th 03, 10:48 PM
MaryR

I found a newgroup online where someone else asked this and
this was the response. It might be worth looking in to.

Doering Designs- Rt. 2, Box 43, Dassel, MN., 55325

Patterns for Nordic/Scandanavian "Old Country" costumes.
Also hand-tatted lace edging, pewter clasps & eylets and
trims. Send $1 for brochure.

Also, Nordic Needle lists a bunad bell pull kit:

http://www.nordicneedle.com/Merchant...Code=C10-00-00

If you search on Google you'll find other stuff.

MaryR

Old December 1st 03, 02:19 AM
explorer

"Uniquedani" wrote in message
I am looking for bunad embroidery pattern/designs. I have searched and

found
where to purchase a completed bunad costume or the history of bunad

embroidery.
I don't necessarily want costume designs, but also table runners or

smaller
piece designs. Also directions preferably in English. If in Norwegian I

do
have access to translators or I can work off detailed designs. I am also
looking for the wool fabric and wool threads to stitch with.
Thanks,
Dani

Here's the info on a book my public library has about Norwegian embroidery:

Norwegian peasant art.
BY: Arneberg, Halfdan.

Oslo, Fabritius [c1949-51]
Subjects Folk art -- Norway.

Textile industry and fabrics -- Norway.
Needlework.

Contents: [v. 1] Women's handicrafts.- [v. 2] Men's handicrafts.

~~~~
You might also try the Vesterheim Museum (The Norwegian-American Museum) in
Decorah, IA:
http://www.vesterheim.org/

Embroidery software futa Machine Knit 0 February 6th 05 06:13 AM
Embroidery software ola Marketplace 0 January 26th 05 12:27 PM
Japanese Embroidery Ctr - Mary Monica & Dianne Please Read Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 11 December 5th 03 10:10 PM
Books about Stitches - longish list Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 20 August 8th 03 07:27 AM
CHINESE EMBROIDERY HISTORY & MORE Zoe Marketplace 0 August 7th 03 06:46 AM