Ot Synagogue in Turkey blown up

Old November 16th 03, 04:47 PM
F.James Cripwell

"Dr. Brat" ) writes:
I dare you to go to Oklahoma City and stand outside the remains of the
Murrah building and make this argument.

Elizabeth

I would have absolutely no difficulty standing outside the Murrah
Building in Oklahoma City, and make this argument. There is absolutely no
indication that the guys who did it, had any designs on any Canadian
institutions. Sure, there are Canadians who try and disrupt life here,
but IMHO the only *international* terrorists, who are a threat to Canada, are
fundamentalist Muslims; particularly Al Qaeda.

--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old November 16th 03, 07:33 PM
Dr. Brat

F.James Cripwell wrote:
"Dr. Brat" ) writes:

I dare you to go to Oklahoma City and stand outside the remains of the
Murrah building and make this argument.

Elizabeth

I would have absolutely no difficulty standing outside the Murrah
Building in Oklahoma City, and make this argument. There is absolutely no
indication that the guys who did it, had any designs on any Canadian
institutions. Sure, there are Canadians who try and disrupt life here,
but IMHO the only *international* terrorists, who are a threat to Canada, are
fundamentalist Muslims; particularly Al Qaeda.

And isn't it just ducky that you're safe in Canada. But tell me. How
many of your compatriots support terrorism in other countries? And
don't tell me none, it's a known fact that Canadian as well as U.S.
citizens send money home to the IRA.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Old November 16th 03, 08:00 PM
Patricia Rogers

Please, do not believe that all Americans are either paranoid, stupid, or
complacent. I for one have kept up a consistent campaign of writing to my
elected "representatives" on subjects such as Homeland Security (what a
name!), the war in Iraq, and any number of issues. In return I usually get
form letters, and they still vote against my hopes. What to do? I didn't
vote for this administration. Emigrate? Apathy? I wish I had an answer.
And don't think Canada will always be safe - that's what the US thought. I
feel that any western nation is now at risk.

But we do need to try to keep talking to each other and understand our
differences, and respect them. Or alas we will be no better than those we
fear. And of course, keep on keeping on. It is tough not to be afraid, but
one has to get up each day and try to do the very best one can, in every
arena.

Just one more opinion in this newgroup. Thank goodness we have each other!

Pat in Illinois

Old November 16th 03, 08:23 PM
F.James Cripwell

"Dr. Brat" ) writes:

And isn't it just ducky that you're safe in Canada. But tell me. How
many of your compatriots support terrorism in other countries? And
don't tell me none, it's a known fact that Canadian as well as U.S.
citizens send money home to the IRA.

Elizabeth

You are extending the discussion far beyond anything I intended. Of
course there are Canadians who support terrorists. My only point is that
of all the various terrorists in the world today, most of them only
operate against institutions in their own countries; the Basques in
Spain; the Tamils in Sre Lanka; the IRA in the UK; the Quebec separatists
in Canada; etc. The one menace which targets people (and friends) from
western democracies all over the world, are Muslim fundamentalists. That
Canada is on their target list, I have no doubt. Just like Bali, and all
the other places they have bombed.

Old November 16th 03, 09:45 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Thank you. I'm glad to know there's somebody besides me who is
"regularly writing elected representatives". Unfortunately, the current
government has used so much "fear" that little will change in the next
election. There are not enough of us who listen to a wide variety of
opinions, news sources. I heard a gentleman on Wisc. Pub Radio the
other day. It just floors me when, given facts backed up by facts, he
slid easily into his "belief system" set up by Washington after 9/11.

Dianne

Old November 17th 03, 11:47 AM
F.James Cripwell

stitcher ) writes:

The FLQ who put bombs in mail boxes were not Muslim Jim. And they sure
scared the bejebes out of me. Air India was not bombed by Muslims.
The majority of passengers on board were Canadian citizens.
Narrowing our fears and focus to one group does not make Canada a
safer place.
Ruby

Your are missing my point Ruby. You are absolutely correct. The
vast majority of terrorists operate locally. The FLQ operated in Canada;
the Sikhs went after Canadian passengers; the IRA operate in the UK; the
Palestinians operate a short distance from where they live; etc. You
dont find the FLQ doing things in the UK. The IRA dont go to Indonesia.
The Tamils dont operate in the USA. Only fundamentalist Muslims operate
on a world wide basis, targeting their enemy the USA, and its friends.
People in their own countries may need to be afraid of local terrorists,
but the only terrorists to be feared on a world wide basis are
fundamentalist Muslims. This may be too absolute a statement, but if you
can find me a counter example, I will be very interested.
Old November 17th 03, 01:55 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

(F.James
Cripwell)

..... Your are missing my point Ruby. You are absolutely correct. The
vast majority of terrorists operate locally. ...... Only fundamentalist

From: stitcher

obviously I did miss your point. My point is terrorists are not
restricted to Muslim fundamentalists. ...... So shall we deport all muslims,

restrict imigration to
white christians?? protestant or catholic? .....

What part of "the only terrorists to be feared on a world wide basis
are
fundamentalist Muslims" is it that you don't understand? Regardless of
deportation or immigration policies in countries around the world, Jim's
statement is TRUE. If you are going to discuss or refute statements that Jim
might have posted about immigration and deportation, would you please quote
them in your response? CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old November 17th 03, 03:50 PM
Tamira

A friend has informed me that according to prophesy and Revelations the end of
the world will be in the year 2012 and that I have 8 years to come to God
before the end. I told her that God is already part of my life and I don't
need to come to Him since i am already there

I read a tract the other day stating that 1914 was the year of the start
of the
end, and that's why we're having all the wars and pestilence, etc. etc.
My goodness, do any of these people read about all the wars and
pestilence in history? It didn't just start in 1914.

Advert.- Hand blown glass Necklace and Earrings sets, animals, figurines. Robin Pyke Marketplace 2 October 30th 04 08:20 AM
AD: BOO! Blown Ghost Vessel and more up! - Tink Tinkster Beads 12 October 26th 04 06:58 PM
Blown Glass Instruction In Atlanta Area? Richard D Glass 3 February 19th 04 12:49 PM
Blown Ornament I Made - OT Tink Beads 6 November 25th 03 08:27 PM
blown glass pi007 Marketplace 0 November 7th 03 03:32 AM