so...what colours???

Old October 2nd 03, 03:37 AM
Cori

I am asking for blue this time around. I want to edge them with white for a
sort of china/country color scheme. Making for others? Whatever they want
lol!

Wondering how difficult it would be to convert cross stitch patterns to
crochet patterns. Now that you mentioned machine knitting patterns for
squares

Happy crafting!

Corine

---

Old October 2nd 03, 04:52 AM
Shillelagh

"Cher" wrote in message
OK so now I'm being real nosey...what colours are you all doing for
the 6x6.

I don't know yet - gotta go dig in the worsted weight bag of yarn and see
what pops up. I've asked for any colour except really bright pinks,
yellow,lime green, hunter orange. (y'know anything you'd need to wear
sunglasses for.) Har!

Shelagh

Old October 2nd 03, 09:17 AM
Cher

Oh you have just aged me horribly....I remember that
song....lol...Cheers....Cher
"SuperEeyore" wrote in message
Cher wrote:
OK so now I'm being real nosey...what colours are you all doing for
the 6x6.

I'm not sure yet what colors I'll be knitting, but I'll be requesting
purples. I'm such the one eyed one horned flying purple people eater

right
now, lol.

Some come on 6x6'ers' what colours are you knitting??
Anyone doing pictures?? I've just done a maple leaf, and now am
working out a lighthouse...great fun eh? A house would be a good
one...

I have a bunch of ideas of patterns, or shapes, or whatever. But I'm

still
not sure what I'll knit until I see and touch the yarn... and read the

email
from my partner.

And yep I just found my digital camera! (I'm on a huge cleaning marathon

of
decluttering, I'm being invaded for a week by fire sprinkler inspectors.)
So I'll take pictures, and maybe take some of the stuff I've finished and

am
working on.

Laurel

---

Old October 2nd 03, 09:17 AM
Cher

Alot of us like purples or mauves and lavendars on here don't we?

cheers...Cher
"Jenn Vanderslice" wrote in message
.. .

Various shade of purple and lavender.....and white.
I'm not sure what I'll be doing with them. It would take a long time @
two squares a month to make an afghan, but I would like to collect
enough to make another afghan for Afghans for Afghans.

/J

Cher wrote:
OK so now I'm being real nosey...what colours are you all doing for the
6x6.

As you know I am doing six squares, which will be the three months for

dear
Gwen, she is doing mine whilst she is away... Her choice is Dusky types

of
Pinks...and I like lavendars and blues although I'm just about happy

with
anything. I've nearly finished a secret project some extra's and the

new
one.. Then I shall start on Gwen's who isn't back until November..

Some come on 6x6'ers' what colours are you knitting??
Anyone doing pictures?? I've just done a maple leaf, and now am working

out
a lighthouse...great fun eh? A house would be a good one...

Noreen and other machine knitters you must have some machine knitting

punch
or mylar sheets you could make into hand knitted patterns for these
squares......lol...

Cheers......Cher

---

Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe -
the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant

---

Old October 2nd 03, 09:20 AM
Cher

Well you only have to ask privately for their snail mail, the rest can be
done on here, that way we use the ng, and it is interesting to read..

Well done all of you... Happy Knitting.

Cheers.....Cher

Old October 2nd 03, 01:48 PM
Barbara Vaughan

Cher wrote:

OK so now I'm being real nosey...what colours are you all doing for the
6x6.

As you know I am doing six squares, which will be the three months for dear
Gwen, she is doing mine whilst she is away... Her choice is Dusky types of
Pinks...and I like lavendars and blues although I'm just about happy with
anything. I've nearly finished a secret project some extra's and the new
one.. Then I shall start on Gwen's who isn't back until November..

Some come on 6x6'ers' what colours are you knitting??
Anyone doing pictures?? I've just done a maple leaf, and now am working out
a lighthouse...great fun eh? A house would be a good one...

I was considering a house. I made a potholder with a house and a tree
for a friend for Christmas, and thought I could maybe modify it for
worsted weight wool or wool blend. However, I'm also considering squares
based on quilt patterns. (Any preference, Aud?)

As for colors, last month I used various shades of rose, which I'm using
right now to make an afghan. If I make the quilt pattern, I might use
those again. However, if I make the house, I need blue, two shades of
green, red, yellow, and white.

Barbara
Old October 2nd 03, 03:27 PM
Cher

For one minute I thought you meant you were going to build a house out of
your received squares.....I had teapot cosy's in the shape of a house going
through my head..

Ah a house motif...very nice...
Cheers......Cher

Old October 2nd 03, 03:42 PM
Betty Blankenship

I'm asking for bold rainbow colors. I may connect them with black - I'll
decide that later. Pirjo started me out with red squares!

Betty

Old October 2nd 03, 04:13 PM
SuperEeyore

Cher wrote:
Oh you have just aged me horribly....I remember that
song....lol...Cheers....Cher

When I work (not at the moment) I teach dance and the littlest ones love
dancing to that song! I think one of the best uses of it was during the
movie "Contact" with Jodie Foster, they play the one eyed, one horn, flying
purple people eater song when she drives back to the work site and all these
alien fanatics are camping outside of the facility.

Laurel

Old October 2nd 03, 05:06 PM
Aud

I want YOU to knit/crochet the colour and pattern you love to use,
and then it is MY challenge to get it all together,
like a "multiple" collection as WE are!
I'LL try to make you the coloures YOU ask for!
When I see the yarn and hold it, I get ideas what pattern I will try to do.
AUD ;-))

--

"Cher" skrev i melding

Quilting colours Patti Quilting 18 December 20th 04 05:31 PM
NOT my favourite colours Denise Jameson Quilting 7 September 27th 04 06:41 PM
Colours for spring and an idea for your bead journal. Marisa Cappetta Beads 0 August 3rd 04 09:49 AM
Why oh why can't I find this thread off-line? Little Black Bird Needlework 14 April 30th 04 01:22 PM
Funny thing - colours... Helen Page Beads 0 March 8th 04 09:49 PM