What are we stitching?

Old August 25th 15, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default What are we stitching?

On 8/4/2015 3:49 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 04 Aug 2015 15:37:46 -0500, Joan Erickson

Right on, Danny! LOL! If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.
That's my policy for needlework, anyway...

Lol and it shows - that's how you get all those ribbons!

Yeah, well....*somebody* has to win them...might as well be me!

I've now started a new project. My mom and I took a trip to WA to visit
my sister and 4 nieces. I didn't want to take Sweet pea gazebo along,
since it's in a scroll frame. I quickly went through my many patterns
to find something more portable and that I had all the supplies for
since, typically, I waited until the night before I left to look! I
settled on Kneeling Santa:
http://tinyurl.com/oemehh5 although I'm not
putting any year on it.

I've wanted to do this for years. When I got to my sister's, lo and
behold, she has the figurine in her curio cabinet! I never even knew
there *was* a figurine the pattern was based on!

This is something I rarely do, having 2 projects going at once, but this
portable little pattern is just the thing for traveling, so it may take
me awhile before finishing it.

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old August 31st 15, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 8/25/2015 4:30 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:57:06 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:

I've now started a new project. My mom and I took a trip to WA to visit
my sister and 4 nieces. I didn't want to take Sweet pea gazebo along,
since it's in a scroll frame. I quickly went through my many patterns
to find something more portable and that I had all the supplies for
since, typically, I waited until the night before I left to look! I
settled on Kneeling Santa:
http://tinyurl.com/oemehh5 although I'm not
putting any year on it.

IOW you had to raid your stash, I bet it took quite some time lol

Yeah, it took a bit...time that I should have spent packing! lol!

Old September 4th 15, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 8/31/2015 4:51 PM, wrote:

This was my latest project, gave it to my greatgranddaughter after her
Sea Cadet passing out parade, she's quirky and loves it.

http://tinypic.com/r/23jftx1/8

You finished it! Was it hard to sew the tube onto the hat? You need to
post a pic of her wearing it on rctnp!!!

Old September 7th 15, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sha (N.B.)

On Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 12:53:44 PM UTC-3, Joan Erickson wrote:
I thought it was time for another round...

I'm nearing completion of Judy Dixon's "Morning light". I'm just
starting the outer row and then there's the bs, French knots & beading
left to do. I didn't want to spend $6+ for one skein of floss, so I'm
stitching the outer row with a skein of Eterna silk (thank you Gill!)
that's a bit darker. You can see the design he
http://en.pindiy.com/115389-1-JudyDi...ninglight.html

My next project is all lined up, ready to go. "Sweet pea gazebo" by
Victoria Sampler: http://www.maryjanes.com/se/item_15329.html

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown

I love your choice of patterns Joan and your work is so perfect. Right now I'm working on Cardinal in Winter (Cross My Heart, Inc. Winter Wonderland).. I'm down to the fussy bottom part which is grass, branches and any other thing that requires 15 shades of brown, grey, green, etc. :-) I haven't really decided on my next project but it may be a small Heaven & Earth Christmas Ornament - what design do they have that's small? :-) I love peeking in to see what everyone is working on.
Old September 8th 15, 03:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 9/4/2015 9:31 AM, wrote:

The tinypic is of her wearing it.

Bad me! I saw only the top part of the picture and assumed (yeah, yeah,
I know what that means! lol) it was of the pattern!

Actually sewing the tube to the hat proved less boring than
making two i cords that long.

I can understand that. It must have been kind of fun to decide which
way the squiggles would go!

Old September 8th 15, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 9/7/2015 11:34 AM, Sha (N.B.) wrote:

I love your choice of patterns Joan and your work is so perfect.

blushing Thank you, Sharon! Not so sure about the perfect part, but I
try.

Right now I'm working on Cardinal in Winter (Cross My Heart, Inc.
Winter Wonderland). snip I haven't really decided on my next
project butit may be a small Heaven & Earth Christmas Ornament -
what designdo they have that's small? :-)

LOL! So true! I haven't attempted one of those beauties, just because
they're so huge! I do think they have some small ones, though. Keep us
posted...

I love peeking in to see what everyone is working on.

It's good to see you posting again!!!

Old October 9th 15, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_5_]

Hi Joan - great to talk to you tonight - hope it wasn`t too much of a shock! As you see I finally found my way back to RCTN- although I`m still feeling my way - it doesn`t seem as straight-forward on Google Groups. I hope everyone I used to know is well and happy! I`ve had a few bad years healthwise but (touch wood) am on an even keel now, more or less.

Pat

Old October 10th 15, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug[_3_]

It's good to hear from you, Pat!!!! I do both, this and Facebook but don't do as much as I used to because, if I'm on the computer, I'm not stitching! I'm working on baby samplers for great nephews lately. I told my nephew/niece in law that the boys will have them before they're in Kindergarten! :-)
Liz from Humbug
Old October 13th 15, 09:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 10/9/2015 4:59 PM, Pat P wrote:
Hi Joan - great to talk to you tonight - hope it wasn't too much ofa
shock! As you see I finally found my way back to RCTN- although I`m
still feeling my way - it doesn't seem as straight-forward on Google
Groups. I hope everyone I used to know is well and happy! I've had a
few bad years healthwise but (touch wood) am on an even keel now, more
or less.

Welcome back!!!!

It was nice to finally *hear* a voice to go with the words! lol! At
least using Google groups you get to communicate with us again.