knitting and wellness intro

Old October 12th 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
busyknitting

Default knitting and wellness intro

Hi everyone I am new to this group. I have been kniting for many
years. I also enjoy designing, jewelry-making, painting etc. i have a
blog/website that explores the positive impact of knitting and other
cretive endeavores on wellness. I also offer free patterns.
http://web.mac.com/busyknitting/iweb

Old October 12th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Oct 12, 8:35 pm, busyknitting wrote:
Hi everyone I am new to this group. I have been kniting for many
years. I also enjoy designing, jewelry-making, painting etc. i have a
blog/website that explores the positive impact of knitting and other
cretive endeavores on wellness. I also offer free patterns.http://web.mac.com/busyknitting/iweb

Welcome Busy Knitter
mirjam
www.fibersiv.israel.net

Old October 13th 07, 10:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Hi BK,

Welcome to the group.

I learned to crochet when I was a kid, then dropped it after
diabetes-induced blindness in 1984. While in hospital during 2003, I felt
the strong urge to do something with my hands to keep me busy. A neighbor
brought me some crochet hooks and yarn, and I re-taught myself what I'd
forgotten.

I enjoy a few unrelated creative activities which include presently writing
plug-ins for an audio editor. (A plug-in is a small piece of software which
expands the functionality of a larger main program, and an audio editor can
be used to record, create and edit sound.)

I do enjoy the satisfaction of creating and finishing a project, whatever
the activity is. The activity which helps me experience increasing calm and
ease in my life (despite several diabetes-related complications) is using a
series of specific mental tools, which I've been using now for almost 20
years.

Thanks for your post and website - I just emailed someone at the Canadian
Diabetes Association about your knit diabetes socks.

Cheers

David Sky
Vancouver, Canada

--
David R. Sky
http://www.shellworld.net/~davidsky/

Old October 13th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Oct 12, 2:35 pm, busyknitting wrote:
Hi everyone I am new to this group. I have been kniting for many
years. I also enjoy designing, jewelry-making, painting etc. i have a
blog/website that explores the positive impact of knitting and other
cretive endeavores on wellness. I also offer free patterns.http://web.mac.com/busyknitting/iweb

Welcome, Busy knitter. I like the idea of your blog, and totally agree
that knitting helps with wellness. Many times it has kept me sane!

Higs,
Katherine

Intro Deanna in Virginia Quilting 34 July 16th 07 02:56 PM
New here...Intro Dorothy Quilting 20 April 8th 07 06:55 PM
Intro and knitting question Jules Day Yarn 5 May 27th 05 10:48 PM
Intro Michaela Yarn 2 May 15th 04 03:41 AM
intro Duckie Needlework 10 March 30th 04 09:01 PM