Sunday AM

Old July 3rd 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default Sunday AM

"The Other Kim" wrote in message
If I get a
bill from him for anything I'm gonna fight it. I know what I can and
can't get away with in this; I was an insurance biller for a medical
office for 7 years. This guy doesn't know what he's dealing with g

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

You go girl!!!! I hope you feel better soon.

Shelagh

Old July 4th 06, 02:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
The Other Kim wrote:
Update.

I called my doc to see if he was in today, then hit the road over there.
He was not pleased at the "treatment" I received from the ER doc. He
poked around my head a bit more, and the bump now reveals itself to be a
cyst; now that it's bigger it's soft and squishy, just like a sebaceous
cyst feels. It wasn't this big when I saw him last Thursday, and that's
why he only gave me a Decadron injection; it was small enough that that
should have take care of it, but it didn't. He gave me another Decadron
injection and started me on a Prednisone taper. He also had some blood
drawn, but I forgot to ask what tests he was running. I'm going back on
Wednesday so he can see how the cyst is responding to the Prednisone,
and if it's still a problem he's gonna refer me to the surgeon who works
with this group for possible excision.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. This will be resolved soon :-)

Sounds good so far. Will he be doing a biopsy? When bumps occur, it's
worth checking.

=Tamar
Old July 4th 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Tamar wrote:

Sounds good so far. Will he be doing a biopsy? When bumps occur,
it's
worth checking.

Likely. Usually anything that is removed gets sent to pathology for
definitive diagnosis.

Old July 5th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

The Other Kim , what a Hair raising Story !!!
Did you take a photo of Original bump ? I have learned that weird
things should be photographed , until i come to the doc , it has gone
or changed ,, this way you have `something` to show,
i hope you heal quickly
mirjam

Old July 5th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Mirjam wrote:

The Other Kim , what a Hair raising Story !!!
Did you take a photo of Original bump ? I have learned that weird
things should be photographed , until i come to the doc , it has gone
or changed ,, this way you have `something` to show,
i hope you heal quickly

No, I didn't because everyone who saw it said it didn't look like
anything. It felt like the bump one gets when hitting one's head on
something, but then everything around it swelled.

I went to a different ER last night for an unrelated problem - high
fever, chills, lower back pain (probably just a viral thing as my
daughter is sick right now) - and the doc felt the cyst and said it was
rather impressive - and it is pretty big - but isn't infected. Now that
I'm on Prednisone the inflammation is down and the cyst itself is the
only swollen part on my head. The pain and tenderness is mostly
resolved, with only a couple small tender points near the edges of the
cyst. I'll be seeing my doc this afternoon and will probably be
referred to the surgeon for excision.

Thanks, everyone, for the concern and good thoughts. This is on it's
way to resolution, and that's a good thing :-)

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Plebiscite vote on Sunday Shopping in NS Fred Needlework 76 October 23rd 04 01:16 AM
OT - Sunday School Jalynne Beads 39 August 18th 04 02:56 AM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
AD: Stamping Fibers, NEW sets, Ending SUNDAY & MONDAY 8 to 10pm EST Spot Rubberstamps 0 August 17th 03 11:35 PM