Sunday AM

Old July 2nd 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Default Sunday AM

Well maybe not *quite* that bad Noreen, but bad enough!!
Love & higs
Christine

"YarnWright" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 18:41:00 +0100, Christine in Kent, Garden of
England spun a fine yarn

Well, Wooly, all the boys (whatever their age) that I know would be
interested in world domination, as long as someone else would clear up
after
them!!
Love & higs
Christine

I *have* to, the devil's making me do it, but those boys sound
precisely like our sitting president, splort!
LOL
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0626-3, 06/29/2006
Tested: 7/2/2006 2:29:03 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 3rd 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 23:29:08 +0100, Christine in Kent, Garden of
England spun a fine yarn

Well maybe not *quite* that bad Noreen, but bad enough!!
Love & higs
Christine

No, you're right, of course, those boys couldn't be THAT bad, LOL
Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0626-3, 06/29/2006
Tested: 7/2/2006 8:12:16 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old July 3rd 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

The Other Kim wrote:
I considered going to a different ER today, and I probably should have
done that. I mean, I even told this guy that this all started with this
bump on my head, and this bump isn't normally there, but all he said was
he couldn't see anything wrong and diagnosed "scalp tenderness".
That's a cop-out diagnosis if I ever saw one, and I was a medical
insurance biller for 7 years before becoming a medical transcriptionist
14 years ago so I've seen a lot of diagnoses. The problem is that
there's no outward-appearing problem; no redness, no abscess, no
nothing.

I realized something yesterday a few hours after I spoke with my regular
doc. He didn't mention anything about this bump at all. I don't think
he realized that this all started with this bump, and the swelling is a
direct result of it. He's a real nice doc and took good care of me when
I had pneumonia, even managing to talk me into having a CT scan to make
sure the scarring on my x-rays was old (and it was, from bouts of
bronchitis in my younger days); I won't have any tests I deem
unnecessary. I'm gonna try to see him or one of his associates tomorrow
and see if I can start to get some action on this bump. Today the Advil
seems to be working on the pain but is doing little for the
inflammation. If I can get someone to give me a stronger
anti-inflammatory than ibuprofen, like Relafen or something similar, it
would probably help a lot. It's the inflammation that's causing the
pain, as evidenced by my complete lack of pain after receiving that
injection on Thursday. All they've wanted to give me was prescription
pain meds, and I can't take those because those would incapacitate me,
and I have 3 kids, 2 cats, a household, and a small business to take
care of every day.

I'll yell, scream, and cry if I have to to get this figured out.
Besides, I'm supposed to go to Ozzfest this coming Saturday, and I'm
gonna have to back out if this hasn't started resolving; 14 hours of
headbanging in the blazing sun of San Bernardino just can't be good for
this g

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

"Olwyn Mary" wrote in message
The Other Kim wrote:

This is OUTRAGEOUS!! You need both another doctor and a different
emergency room. Please keep pushing, even if you have to go to
another city for another E.R. Find another doctor if you can, or, if
your insurance requires referrals, demand a second opinion. You have
that right.

This is not something to fool with. Yes, it "could" be just a
sebaceous cyst or the like, but until you have a proper diagnosis you
do not know.

It is very sad that when we are sick, we have to fight for treatment.
Do you have someone (husband, SO, elderly parent) who could go with
you and really DEMAND proper care?

Don't allow them to brush you off again, doctors are very good at
disregarding wives and mothers.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Kim,

Please keep us posted as Noreen stated. We are all concerned.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 3rd 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
The Other Kim wrote:
[...]

snip
Adding my vote: write down all the details, keep two copies, give him
a written copy, and demand a proper investigation. If he doesn't
respond, start finding new doctors. Bring fresh copies of the details
with you, always keeping a copy at home. Fake a fever if you have to,
to get some investigation. And start documenting all the times you've
been to a doctor about this, so that when they start saying "you should've
come in sooner" you can prove that you did.

=Tamar
Old July 3rd 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Tamar wrote:

snip
Adding my vote: write down all the details, keep two copies, give him
a written copy, and demand a proper investigation. If he doesn't
respond, start finding new doctors. Bring fresh copies of the details
with you, always keeping a copy at home. Fake a fever if you have
to,
to get some investigation. And start documenting all the times you've
been to a doctor about this, so that when they start saying "you
should've
come in sooner" you can prove that you did.

Oh, I've kept the discharge orders from both hospital visits, and I'll
make sure to write down the contacts I've had with my doctor.

I was at my parents' house yesterday and told the whole gory story to my
sister-in-law, who has some ailments that she's been told are "all in
her head" so she's really had to fight to get docs to take her
seriously. She agrees that the docs are merely treating the symptoms
and not trying to find the underlying cause. I mean, I was fine until
this bump appeared on my head, and the other symptoms happened
afterwards. It really doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that
this bump is the likely cause of the swelling, but the ER doc wasn't
interested in pursuing this, and I still think my doc hasn't realized
that the bump isn't normally there.

I asked my husband if his regular doc would be more likely to treat the
cause as well as the symptoms, and he assured me that his doc would, so
I'm gonna call his office today and try to get in to see him today. I
don't know if I'll be able to, but I don't want to drag this on any
longer. The scalp swelling is over my entire scalp now, and I just want
someone to take this seriously.

Old July 3rd 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Monday was Sunday AM

Sorry ladies was to overworked yesterday , have a FULL scheduled week
this week , in between go on knitting ,,,, this that and other things
as well as embroidering some mini presents ,,,
Good Monday to all .
mirjam

Old July 3rd 06, 09:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Update.

I tried getting an appointment with my husband's doc, but the soonest
they could see me is next week Friday, and that's just not satisfactory.
I called my doc to see if he was in today, then hit the road over there.
He was not pleased at the "treatment" I received from the ER doc. He
poked around my head a bit more, and the bump now reveals itself to be a
cyst; now that it's bigger it's soft and squishy, just like a sebaceous
cyst feels. It wasn't this big when I saw him last Thursday, and that's
why he only gave me a Decadron injection; it was small enough that that
should have take care of it, but it didn't. He gave me another Decadron
injection and started me on a Prednisone taper. He also had some blood
drawn, but I forgot to ask what tests he was running. I'm going back on
Wednesday so he can see how the cyst is responding to the Prednisone,
and if it's still a problem he's gonna refer me to the surgeon who works
with this group for possible excision.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. This will be resolved soon :-)

Old July 3rd 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

The Other Kim wrote:
It's now 10:03 AM according to the clock on my computer. I've already
been to the emergency room...again.

snip

Ouch, Kim! That doesn't sound good at all! Did you finallly get to see
a "real" doctor?

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 3rd 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

The Other Kim wrote:
Update.

snip

Well, I suppose that is good news, but I'd still be pretty angry at the
ER doctor. Keep us posted.

Higs,
Katherine

Old July 3rd 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Katherine wrote:

The Other Kim wrote:
Update.

snip

Well, I suppose that is good news, but I'd still be pretty angry at
the
ER doctor. Keep us posted.

Oh, I am. If he thinks he's gonna get any payment from me for his
"services" yesterday he's got another think coming. He can go ahead and
bill my insurance, but that's all he's gonna get; I have a PPO with a
deductible to meet, so there's a chance that I wouldn't have to pay
anything out of pocket to him anyway, but one never knows. If I get a
bill from him for anything I'm gonna fight it. I know what I can and
can't get away with in this; I was an insurance biller for a medical
office for 7 years. This guy doesn't know what he's dealing with g

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

Plebiscite vote on Sunday Shopping in NS Fred Needlework 76 October 23rd 04 01:16 AM
OT - Sunday School Jalynne Beads 39 August 18th 04 02:56 AM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
AD: Stamping Fibers, NEW sets, Ending SUNDAY & MONDAY 8 to 10pm EST Spot Rubberstamps 0 August 17th 03 11:35 PM