OT - weather

Old July 5th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default OT - weather

I'd like to start by saying that everybody is entitled to be a
narrow-minded uptight little person if they're inclined that way.

I haven't seen the sun in a week. I know our friends in New England,
PA, and other eastern parts of the country that are attempting to
rejoin the Atlantic have no sympathy, but we're going stir crazy
nonetheless.

The pools here close for rain - lightening and thunder shut 'em down
too, but the lifeguards kick us out if it sprinkles.

*sigh*

I've played Cranium and Risk, Monopoly, Scrabble, and Yaghtzee until I
dream about board games in my sleep. I've garnered many chores done
by boys who backtalk my rules decisions of same. I've taught my son
counted cross-stitch and he's knitted a new cap for himself.

Please, let the weather clear today.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old July 5th 06, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Wooly,

We're hoping you send it our way. It has been so dry here since
Katrina. Last month not one drop! I think we're in line for it next,
so we're urging it our way, begging for it!

BTW I played Cranium for the first time last night, and it was fun.
Lost by a hair, but they got all the easy questions. I'm also
scheduled to play Mousetrap & Zathura today.

Hesira

PS: How old is the knitting son? My 6 year old is learning, & my 4
year old loves to hold the needles and tangle yarn. "Look Ma, I'm
knittin!" LOL

Old July 5th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

But if you go out and swim in the sun, you might get skin cancer, so you
should start a campaign to get the pools opened at night (when it is not
raining : ) Or, maybe they could put a lighting arrester/ sun canopy over
the pool?

When I lived in a warm flat place, our compound had an Olympic sized,
outdoor pool, that was open 24/7 and in the 184 days, 6 hours & 43 minutes
that I lived there, it never rained. We worked during the day, and we swam
at night. It was great. There was a lifeguard during the day for the women
and children, but they let us swim at night without a lifeguard.

Aaron

Old July 5th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Wooly , open your arms ,,,,,, here it comes I am sending you PILES of
sun ,,,,,,,,
mirjam
i can have some rain in exchange please ,

Old July 7th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Marilyn

The weather is finally drying out around here. All the rain has been good
for my garden, but I am glad to see the sun. I get cabin fever when it rains
too much.
Not everyone around here has been happy with the rain.We live a few miles
from the Delaware river. We had no flooding.
There are houses not too far away that have been flooded for the third time
in less than two years. It is sad to drive by and see large dumpsters in
front of houses once again. I can't imagine having to get rid of your soggy
possessions yet again.
Wooly, the lifeguards kick you out if it sprinkles? Are they afraid of
getting wet? LOL
You have my sympathy in trying to keep your family from getting bored.
Luckily I don't have to worry about that too much anymore since my kids are
grown.
Hope it is dry for you by now.
Marilyn

OT - Odd Weather MRH Yarn 14 July 27th 05 07:56 PM
OT The Weather Channel/Tornadoes jadedmuch Needlework 0 March 1st 04 07:18 PM
OT - Canadian Maritimes weather Bob & Marg Whittleton Needlework 9 February 22nd 04 02:17 AM
been away! update on weather. KathyB in Oz Quilting 0 November 22nd 03 12:16 PM