Dreaming of...Sewing?

Old April 12th 04, 05:20 PM

Default Dreaming of...Sewing?

By did I have a nightmare this morning! I dreamed I was afoot, got
hit by a semi tractor-trailer, and, with the resulting amnesia, couldn't
remember that I sewed.
No one knew where I was; I was in a strange city, in a hospital having
reconstructive surgery for a long time after the accident, so my family
thought I had been offed (after finding my purse in the dessert, where,
unbeknownst to them, it had been carried on the bumper of the truck.) I
guess they had me declared dead, because, as I discovered after about 4
years, H had three years later remarried, after giving away all of my
sewing goodies. WHAT a nightmare!!! He was basically living in an empty
house.
I always dream in big screen, 3-D technicolor, and can usually (while
still sleeping) re-write scenes, then make the actors resume their
places and proceed with the re-write. This time, the saga just played
out, complete with minor details. I never did recover my memory, so
didn't even miss that Holy Grail of sewing, the Stash. am still having
heart palpitations at the thought.
The only good part: I had a great surgeon, and, MAN!!! did I ever
look GOOD! Except for that slight limp, and having to use a cane when I
got tired...and what was with the red hair?
What does all this mean??
Cea who's buying my novel? BTW, there was a new love interest.

Old April 12th 04, 06:12 PM
SewStorm

What does all this mean??

Cea, it sounds as though you're seriously overworked! Could it mean that you
WISH you could tell people you'd forgotten how to sew, so they'd just leave you
alone?

I'm not even going to the place where your husband is a stranger. LOL

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old April 12th 04, 11:16 PM
mamahays

wrote in message

By did I have a nightmare this morning! I dreamed I was afoot, got
hit by a semi tractor-trailer, and, with the resulting amnesia, couldn't
remember that I sewed.

snip

Well..... The red hair is obviously your inner wild woman coming out.
Or possibly your Flair for life???

As for the rest. I agree with Karen. Got some folks showing up with
alterations you hate doing? Wish they would forget your phone number? And
we all have days we'd like to foist our spouses (children, parents, in-laws,
the cat, etc.) on other people and have them out of our lives. Then there
are other days we wouldn't trade them for the world.

Either that or, honey, you gotta lay off the pizza/wine/garlic/ice cream
before bed time. lol

We won't even discuss some of the odd places my sleeping brain has taken me
to. LOL!!!

Sharon

--
---
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the

Old April 13th 04, 05:49 AM

Dreaming of...Sewing?

(mamahays)
wrote:
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0By did I have a nightmare this morning! I dreamed I
[...]
I think perhaps y'all have hit the nail on the head. Earlier this
year, I altered most of my DM's clothes, letting out and adding
ingenious panels, gussets, etc, to allow for expanded girth, after
listening to endless "I can"t lose weight!" sob stories.
WEEELlll, guess what? Not a garment worn, and she is down 20 lbs.
Whatever it is I do, I simply cannot break even, let alone win. It never
fails, there is always a kicker in it for me. Now, natch, she wants them
all taken in. Wish she lived closer, I'd cram her full of Pa. sticky
buns topped with brown sugar and pecans, then offer up some butter
scones for good measure.
I want to rend my clothing and go screaming into the streets!!!
Cea

Old April 13th 04, 06:10 AM
Pat

wrote in message

Dreaming of...Sewing?

(mamahays)
wrote:

WEEELlll, guess what? Not a garment worn, and she is down 20 lbs.
Whatever it is I do, I simply cannot break even, let alone win. It never
fails, there is always a kicker in it for me. Now, natch, she wants them
all taken in. Wish she lived closer, I'd cram her full of Pa. sticky
buns topped with brown sugar and pecans, then offer up some butter
scones for good measure.
I want to rend my clothing and go screaming into the streets!!!
Cea

Send her a gift certificate to her favorite store for new
clothes.........make it a big one.......it will save your sanity in the end.

Old April 13th 04, 07:50 AM
Pogonip

Pat wrote:

Send her a gift certificate to her favorite store for new
clothes.........make it a big one.......it will save your sanity in the end.

Interesting that you recommend that. I was going to
suggest the name and phone number of someone else who does
alterations. ;-)

--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old April 13th 04, 03:28 PM

Dreaming of...Sewing?

(Pogonip)
Pat wrote:
Send her a gift certificate to her favorite store for new
clothes.........make it a big one.......it will save your sanity in the
end.
---
Interesting that you recommend that. I was going to suggest the name
and phone number of someone else who does alterations. ;-)
Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
---
Cea grumps gloomily
Even that would come back to bite me in the butt. No tailor could
meet such demanding expectations, and it would be my fault for making
the referral.
BUT...I've decided the gift of a box of large, shiny new safety pins
is in order. ))
Cea