TIDBITS 03/27/05

Old March 28th 05, 01:45 AM
Benjamin Mark

Default TIDBITS 03/27/05

If any of you want Tidbits emailed directly, let me know and
I'll take care of it. Tidbits may be reprinted without charge --
with attribution. Additionally, if you know of anyone who you think
would enjoy Tidbits, please make them aware of us. URL
(http://www.tyler-adam.com). We encourage you to forward
this email to friends and colleagues.
======================================

Woman of Wisdom

The Sanskrit word for Female Wisdom is "Medha" and it
is from this word that our erstwhile queen was given her
name. She was at one time called "mother of all gods"
who bore herself before childbirth was invented. This--
parenthetically--was one neat little trick. She was
the past, the present, and the future.

This once beautiful maiden wore a veil and said that no
mortal would ever be able to lift that veil because she
was Death and to see her face was to die. She was also
veiled because she was the Future and the future is always
veiled and blah blah blah ... I'm yawning while I'm writing this.

But here's the kicker. You all know her. Each and every one
of you. Even those of you who have been staunch enough to
read this far and still think you do not know her ... I am here
to tell you that you do. For when you looked at her face and died
.... you died as a funerary statue ... having been turned to stone.

Yup ... we're talking about that old snake-headed Gorgon named
Medusa who turned any mortal who looked at her into stone. By
the way ... this ol' gal had magical blood that could create and
destroy life ... it was the blood which represented menstrual taboo.
Yeah yeah. You heard right. In primitive times it was believed that
the gaze of a menstruous woman could turn a man to stone. That's
some potent power ... let me tell you. You don't think it's true ...
do you?

I'll tell you a bit about her before going on to the jewelry aspect of
things. This ... for those who doubt the magical properties of
Medusa's blood ... it was this very blood which sank into the earth
after Perseus lopped off her head that gave rise to Pegasus.

And then ... one day ... a jeweler/artist by the name of Elizabeth
Locke made an 18 karat gold simulated jasper 'cameo' brooch of our
Gorgon monster. What a stunner folks. This is the stuff that makes
artists artists ... and makes many of us wish we could do that. It's
worth a look-see.

For those of you who are new to this thing called
Tidbits...may I direct you to my home page at www.tyler-adam.com where
you will scroll down the left side menu till you get to the area that
says Tidbits Graphics ... and then click on the link that says: Medusa
.... in order to view a stunning sculpture of the Gorgon with magical
blood.

And there ya have it.
That's it for this week folks.
Catch you all next week.
Benjamin Mark

All issues of Tidbits are copyrighted and available from our
home page. All rights reserved.

TIDBITS 03/27/05 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 0 March 28th 05 02:02 AM
TIDBITS 03/27/05 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 March 28th 05 01:44 AM
TIDBITS 10/24/04 Benjamin Mark Marketplace 0 October 24th 04 09:28 PM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 2 July 21st 03 05:22 AM
TIDBITS 07/13/03 Benjamin Mark General Crafting 0 July 13th 03 11:01 PM