What is on your list?

Old November 8th 04, 04:11 PM
Aud

"Els van Dam" skrev i melding
In article , "Aud"
wrote:

Well Aud, he is a 75 year old Danish/living in Canada. bachelor.

During the summer months he sails in the North Channel (Great lakes)
and
in the winter time he comes to Vancouver Island. He has addopted us
as
his family, Otto more so than me. However Otto is helping a friend
out
with house building and I was home alone. He wanted some info from
the
internet. He is one of these men that will always come along and help
out
where there is no help needed at all. So he was telling me how to use
my
computer....LOL he uses a PC and I have a Mac. It can become very
funny.....LOL Vagn Lassen sends his Sunday greetings as well. I made
hime some lunch and send him on his way again.

Els

Oh; a real Danish name!
You told about him earlier, he comes to Vancouves Island because of the
mild climat!
Yes, I can see you two!LOL!
AND Els, I have thought about it...do you have mild in the winters?
And not too much rain?
We have a relly mild climat to be in Norway, but we have very MUCH rain!
AUD ;-)

Old November 8th 04, 04:24 PM
Aud

"spampot" skrev i melding
Tante Jan wrote:
Aud, thanks for the links to all the gorgeous pictures. My
hurtigruta trip
was in June so we probably didn't stop there long enough to get off.
Some
day I would like to do the whole 12 day trip.

My grandfather came from a farm near Vågå in Gudbrandsdalen. He
settled in
a part of Minnesota where it is as flat as a pancake, nothing like
Norway.
But he was smart (or lucky) because he chose an area where the soil
is
excellent for growing crops. He died many years before I was born so
never knew him. I believe my grandmother's family came from
somewhere in
Telemark.

Gudbrandsdalen as in Sigrid Undset's medieval novels??

Yes, that's right!
AUD ;-))

Old November 8th 04, 05:36 PM
Nyssa

Els van Dam wrote:

Well Aud, he is a 75 year old Danish/living in Canada. bachelor.

Batchelor????

Does he want a girlfriend? LOL!

Nyssa, bachelorette
At River's End
http://nyssa.cnc.net

Old November 8th 04, 08:09 PM
Rusty1215

Batchelor????

Does he want a girlfriend? LOL!

Nyssa, bachelorette
At River's End

Yoo hoo - Rusty the divorcee here in CT - I'll put my name in too. g
Rusty from CT
^(-.-)^
Dusty the Shi-Poo
Old November 8th 04, 09:06 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Aud"
wrote:

Oh; a real Danish name!
You told about him earlier, he comes to Vancouves Island because of the
mild climat!
Yes, I can see you two!LOL!
AND Els, I have thought about it...do you have mild in the winters?
And not too much rain?
We have a relly mild climat to be in Norway, but we have very MUCH rain!
AUD ;-)

Yes Aud, Vancouver Island has, just like Norway a sea climate, with the
winters mild and rainy. The summers on the West coast of the Island (size
of England), are sunny but still have a fair amound of rain, on the South
East coast it is very dry and warm, like the South of France. We are
located on the East coast, just North of Victoria. Our summers are warm
enough to have many vineyards.

Today it is foggy with the sun doing it best to shine throught the clouds
rolling throught the trees. It looks very theatrical when the sun picks
up the colours of the lovely deep yellows of the aspen trees, with the
sheer ripped foggy clouds rolling by like trailing transparent wedding
vails

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old November 8th 04, 09:08 PM
Els van Dam

In article , Nyssa
wrote:

Els van Dam wrote:

Well Aud, he is a 75 year old Danish/living in Canada. bachelor.

Batchelor????

Does he want a girlfriend? LOL!

Nyssa, bachelorette
At River's End
http://nyssa.cnc.net

Nyssa, Vagn indeed is a bachelor, but pass him by, this man is so set in
his ways, he would drive you crazy, besides he can't stay in one place for
very long and the wander lust grabs him by the throad....and he is on the
move again......LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old November 8th 04, 09:44 PM
Katherine

Nyssa wrote:
Els van Dam wrote:

Well Aud, he is a 75 year old Danish/living in Canada. bachelor.

Batchelor????

Does he want a girlfriend? LOL!

LOL

Katherine

Old November 10th 04, 03:51 AM
Els van Dam

The little heart braid is neat as well, it is flat and also 8 strands.

That sounds nice. Is that the one that's on the net somewhere?

Helen

Yes Helen, if you are talking about the one, that is done with moving the
colours around and getting many different effects that way.

Els

--
hate spam not welcome