Jewellery for a man!

Old May 21st 05, 07:23 PM
Charlie

Default Jewellery for a man!

I want to do a piece of jewellery for a *very* good male friend of mine. We
were discussing birth stones today and his is Amethyst so I'd like to
include amethyst somehow. He doesn't really wear jewellery, but I think I'd
like either leather or silver as the base. Anyone got any ideas of a manly
way to introduce stones to a design, and any ideas for the design itself!
I've only ever done chain maille jewellery for men, and I can't think of
anything!

Charlie.

--
Kallistos: Contemporary Jewellery Design
http://www.kallistos.co.uk

Old May 21st 05, 07:40 PM
Shirley Shone

Can you design a key ring for him. Does he wear cufflinks or a tie pin.
Shirley

In message , Charlie
writes

Old May 21st 05, 07:53 PM
Su/Cutworks

Charlie wrote:

I want to do a piece of jewellery for a *very* good male friend of mine.
We
were discussing birth stones today and his is Amethyst so I'd like to
include amethyst somehow. He doesn't really wear jewellery, but I think
I'd
like either leather or silver as the base. Anyone got any ideas of a
manly
way to introduce stones to a design, and any ideas for the design itself!
I've only ever done chain maille jewellery for men, and I can't think of
anything!

Get the newest Bead&Button, Charlie. There's a linked necklace of rings
with a small bead caged in each nest of links that is very cool and would
look great for a man with small amethyst beads in it. I just got my copy of
B&B today at our newsagent so it should be available near you.

-Su

Old May 21st 05, 08:04 PM
Charlie

Was thinking more along the lines of a necklace, pendant or bracelet, forgot
to say that! Something to suit a very active 24 year old!

Charlie.

Old May 21st 05, 08:23 PM
Charlie

Hmmmm, how about a chunky curb bracelet with a tiny amethyst set in a link
next to the clasp? (ala "hot diamonds" style for those in the UK) Not sure
how I would set the amethyst but challenges are always good.

Charlie.

Old May 21st 05, 10:44 PM
Armand Vine

How about a chain maille bracelet with the amethyst set on/in it like a
watch face.

Old May 21st 05, 11:33 PM
Glitzy Glass

How about a leather wrist strap - the kind that has the snaps on either
side for a watch face to slip into - instead of doing a watch face you
could fuse a glass cab with wire on both ends then just snap it in.
The neat thing is that you could make him more than one fused glass
stone so it would be interchangable. If you want to set an amethyst in
the glass cab you could drill a semi hole (one that doesn't go all the
way through and use jewelers glue to set it in the semi hole....leather
and glass is a nice combo. I have ordered from this company before
http://www.oldschoolleather.com/Watchbands.htm really nice bands.

Denise R
Glitzy Glass Studio
www.glassbeadz.com

Old May 22nd 05, 02:56 AM
Empress Beads

Wow GREAT SITE! I love it. I am looking at getting purse from them. And
maybe ordering a graduation gift for someone else.

Thanks
AMY
http://www.empressbeads.com
oups.com...

Old May 22nd 05, 09:22 AM
Su/Cutworks

Amy wrote:

Wow GREAT SITE! I love it. I am looking at getting purse from them. And
maybe ordering a graduation gift for someone else.

OMG, I had a bag like those when I was first married in 1972. I lost it in
Toronto years ago, if anyone finds it could they let me know?

They're cheaper now than when I bought mine!

Hm, wonder if they ship to the UK.... off to check! Hopefully they'll email
a confirmation of shipping to the UK. Fingers crossed!

-Su